Flowers Part 2 (Jason Todd x Reader)

Hi all! This was requested by @EloiseBratley as well as @Celeste-Pixie and uses no prompts. That's it...I got nothing else to say.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jason pov

To me, it is just like another day in the office. Except my office is a windy roof-top overlooking my target's downtown apartment. My tools, rather than a computer, is a state-of-the-art rifle with a telescopic lens. There is no need for a silencer, the noise is usually lost in the droning of the traffic below and most likely mistaken for a back-firing van. I take aim with no more qualms than one would gossip about a colleague, then squeeze the trigger while thinking of the places I could take (Y/N) after her shift. I take little satisfaction in the killing these days, but I take enormous pride in getting a good clean kill. I have a reputation to maintain after all. I take my time packing my equipment into an inconspicuous sports bag. I customized it to suit my needs a while back. The trigger mechanisms of my guns are taken apart and polished for a smoother release almost every night. Even the bullets I use are specially prepared. The shock of air as the bullet hit its target will cause as much damage as the bullet itself. The rifle reloads itself as fast as I can fire it, but I only need a single shot. I'm cocky like that.

My calloused hands are steady as they lift the gun. I nod to myself. Carefully I lay the rifle down and gaze at the criminal for a moment. The man barely has time to register that something is wrong and falls to the floor, howling in pain. I watch in amusement as Bruce and Satan In Training clean the rest of the mess up. My phone vibrates like an annoyed rattlesnake causing me to take it from my pocket and check it.

(Y/N): Hi Jay! I just finished my shift and was wondering if you were still around...It's (Y/N) btw...the girl from the flower shop. And do you mind if I call you Jay? Are you sensitive with nicknames and stuff like that? Like, I can find another nickname or something or you know just call you by your name. Anyway, uh I hope to see you soon.

Jason: Hey doll, give me five minutes and I'll be there. I'll answer your questions later ;)

I shout out a quick goodbye and immediately leave, headed to the restaurant we arranged to meet at earlier. I approach an empty alleyway and change into the clothes I had packed for our date. I throw my leather jacket on over the top and stride towards the cafe, excitement running through my veins.

I can see her inside the restaurant, sitting beside the window. Her hair is woven into a braid, nothing fancy, just to keep her hair off her eyes. The cold had probably driven her to stay inside, armed with nothing more than a book. I notice the floaters, those few long, elegant strands of hair she keeps at bay with a hand as she read. Her expression is so far away, a serenity that doesn't fail to put me at ease. How delicately her eyes seemed to follow those pages. How elegantly her fingers stroke the words. When she finally catches me staring, she packs her book away, rosy cheeks and all.

(Y/N) pov

I smile and gesture for Jason to sit down. I notice his new attire which causes a slight blush to decorate my cheeks. The fabric of his shirt is close enough to show the shape of his chest. It would have been pretty in any colour, something I want to touch, hug, lose myself in, if only for a moment. Then I catch his eye. He flexes and wiggles his eyebrows, a smile ready to light his face, one to match the cheeky gleam in his eyes. I look away in an attempt to hide my growing blush, for the first time in years I feel like if I open my mouth nothing witty or interesting will come out.