Stitches Part 4 (Jason Todd x Reader)

Alright, kids! Before you guys read this story please watch the video above as the story is based on it!  As soon as I found the video I was so excited to write this cause it just fit so well. Anyway, this was requested by @ForeverASoilder so I hope you enjoy it!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N) Pov

The streets were once sleek with new tarmac, now they are greyed by the bleaching of the sun. The road is a monochrome patchwork, each one lined with a shiny border of tar. Despite these fixes, there are still cracks and the potholes grow larger with each passing year. The trees that were once fine saplings with soft spring foliage are now gnarled embittered trees growing tall but without strength, competing unnaturally against the towering apartment blocks they were planted too close to. The bark is mossy from the perennial dampness and incessant rain, except for a few weeks of reprieve in the summer. The sidewalk, for the most part, is still smooth concrete, albeit scattered with litter and the debris of the moulting trees. The pedestrians walk with their heads down and hurried. At intervals are the street-lamps, once painted in glossy green, now dappled with grey chips of the undercoat. I walk through the streets, recalling the earlier conversation Kori and I had this morning.

"He misses you..." Kori sighed.

"He'll get over me," I replied bitterly.

"He still loves you (Y/N), please give him another chance!" She pleaded.

"Stop it, Kori. I'm beginning to get sick of people telling me what to do! Just let me deal with it by myself." I snapped. 

"Just for one second, please, try and remember..." She urged.

"Remember what?" I asked angrily.

"Remember what it feels like. All of those times when you see him and you cannot breathe until you're with him. Or those times at work when you-you can't stop looking at the clock because you know that he's standing right out there waiting for you. Don't you remember what that's like?" She explained.

I clench my jaw and stop walking, I close my eyes for a brief second and take a deep breath as I calm myself down. I open my eyes again to see a man who looks as he hasn't shaved in a while standing in front of me.  Unflinching, unblinking, he blocks my path. His face is mostly masked by a handkerchief. The knife that is being toyed with in his thick fingers glimmers in the sunlight as it is twirled so deftly. He has the look of a man who once had muscles, broad over the back and thick in the neck. He speaks without any nerves, this isn't his first dance in a Gotham alley-way. 

"Wallet, jewellery, now." He demands.

"I don't have anything valuable. Please just leave me alone!" I reply.

Footfalls in the trash behind me tell me I am surrounded. I stand sweating and shaking, tears building up in my eyes. Something hard collides with my head, an array of colours explode before my eyes and I stumble forward in a daze. I do my best to ignore the immense pain forming in my head. I feel a cold and hard object being jabbed into my back causing me to gasp.

"I'm gonna count to three and if I don't have what I want in my hand, I will shoot you." The man behind me threatens.

"I beg you, please don't!" I cry out.

"One...two...three" He counts.

I hold my breath, the noise reverberates in my ears. Blood soaks into my shirt, radiating outward. I cry out before collapsing to the ground. I hear the men yelling before gunshots echo throughout the alley. Pain throbs in my stomach, it's deep and hot, but not in a nice way. It feels like someone has their hand in my stomach and is squeezing my organs as hard as they can. I can only hold still and breathe, breathe slow and deep, doing my best to stay conscious.