Inconvenient Interruption (Damian Wayne x Reader)

Hi, this was requested by @posiedens_daughter as well as @MelanieSalvatore and uses prompt 11 (A: "Sorry I'm late, I had some things to do." B: "By 'things', he means me") and prompt 12 (A: "Ugh, I hate you." B: "It's not good to lie to yourself"). I kinda changed it so hope you guys like it! THIS IS UNEDITED, I'll do that later cause I need sleep. Shhhh, I know there will be mistakes, just deal with it for a day or two....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damian Wayne POV

Participating in surveillance is about as exciting as listening to Drake for nine hours. In each of the movies (Y/N) has introduced me too, the protagonist usually sits slumped over cold coffee and take out then, inevitably the antagonist shows up, there's a pursuit and the plot continues. Tt, they always exclude the countless hours of sitting around and waiting. After a week of listening to the GCPD scanners, you discover every irritating quirk of the men reporting crimes. At least I have (Y/N) to keep me company. 

The sky which was once painted with hues of red, orange and pink, is now only a matt black canvas as if some amateur had painted it. There are rare times where I am thankful for the Robin suit but tonight is an exception as I feel the harsh bite of the wind through my cape. I glance over at (Y/N) and notice her chattering teeth. I unclip my cape and wrap it around her shoulders, earning a mumble of thanks. She and I haven't gotten much time to ourselves in the past few weeks, making tonight the perfect opportunity for a date of sorts. 

Her understated beauty is what drew me to her in the beginning. She is so unaware of her prettiness, everything about her is natural. She refuses to use face masks and expensive products which is a reflection on her poverty-stricken upbringing. Her moral code is all about simplicity, making things easy, helping those around her to relax and be happy with what they have. I find myself unable to resist smiling and laughing whenever she is around even if it is just on the inside. She accepts each of my family members, despite it being dysfunctional as it is large. Between my family, everyone is messed up pretty good, no one ever having a good role model. Everyone is equally mentally and physically scarred, vastly contrasting her innocence. To be honest, each of us has been treated like adults from way too young.

(Y/N) POV

"Are you still cold?" Damian asks.

"Yeah," I mumble.

"Allow me to warm you up then," Damian proposes.

I notice how our skin is amber under the streetlight as he pulls me closer to his chest, smirking. He gazes at me lovingly, his eyes softening with tenderness before sparking with something else. A small but teasing smile creeps upon my face, goosebumps lining my skin, not the kind that someone gets in the cold, but the kind someone gets when nothing else matters except right here, right now. He presses lingering kisses against pretty much everything he can reach. My lips, my jaw, my cheeks--it's all fair game. He's obviously avoiding my neck. His breath is curling against the skin beneath my ear as my hands curl tightly into Damian's mess of black hair. I know Damian will leave marks I don't want, but I really don't want to stop the feeling of Damian's teeth against my skin. I feel his hot breath on my neck, then the tender brush of his lips. He knows that once he kisses my neck my resistance will crumble, he knows how much power he has over me. After just a few delicate touches of his warm lips, my hands will start to do his bidding. They will fall down his back as my head swims, all previous thoughts stopping in their tracks. His hand runs through my hair, as the kisses become harder and more urgent. Another hand slides around my waist, his kisses are now on my shoulders and in my hair.

I am completely breathless with delight as he showers me with gentle, soft kisses, each with its own flicker of warmth. I gaze up at him, thrilled beyond words to be the recipient of his affection. He draws back and spends a moment to study my face. I feel my blush deepen under his scrutiny. He tilts my head to the side and kisses me once more, his lips demanding. Damian's grip tightens, crushing my body to his, gentle yet firm. He slants my head further, deepening the kiss. Each time he kisses my neck a wave of pure pleasure runs through my body. His smell is practically intoxicating. He kisses trail back up my neck to my lips, his lips now tasting of my lip balm. I am amazed at how the touch of his lips can hitch my breath. 

Before we can take it anything further our communicator's buzz. I guess, the only thing the action films I've shown Damian ever get right is that if something is going to happen, it happens when it's inconvenient. 

"Damian, (S/H/N), we've found Killer Moth's lair," Nightwind informs us.

"Dick!" I whisper harshly.

"Do you need us Nightwing?" Damian asks.

"Possibly," Dick sighs.

"It's a yes or a no, our time is valuable." Damian scolds.

"Yes, we'll need you," Nightwing replies, his annoyance evident.

"Tt, we'll be there," Damian dismisses.

Damian turns off his communicator before reaching behind my ear and turning my communicator off as well. Damian glance over at me, the corners of his lips fighting one of his well known sexy smirks, his eyebrows slightly raised. I immediately know what he wants to do.

"My answer is no. The others want some backup," I immediately say. 

"They'll survive without us for a moment or two," Damian persuades.

The facade we once showed melts away almost immediately and all I want is to do is to love Damian. But, I don't lean in, don't make it easy or that I seem keen. Then he brushes my hair back from my shoulder and moves in so close I can feel his body pressed up against me once more. He leans in to caress my neck, slow and gentle. He's making me wait and I can hardly bare it. I want his lips now, I want his kisses. Every kiss now having a raw intensity - breathing fast, heart rates faster.

"Let's finish what we started beloved," Damian smirks.

He is my drug. One touch and the intoxication is instant. Whatever he wants to do is what we'll do and there isn't a thing I can do to stop him - not that I'd want to anyway.

"Ugh, I hate you," I sigh.

"It's not good to lie to yourself beloved," Damian flirts.

"Just shut up and kiss me already," I reply, rolling my eyes.

Tim Drake POV

There is a frozen second between the standoff and the fighting I see their eyes flick from each of us back to each other. Our faces are far from unreadable, Dick and I sharing invitational smirks and Jason cracks jokes about the outfits that Killer Moth's henchmen wear. In seconds I have taken two, Dick three and Jason five. Jason has an unfair advantage, he gets to use his gun. Bruce had left us alone, pursuing  Killer Moth as soon as he had attempted to flee. I watch Jason walk around the warehouse, kicking the unconscious men to make sure they were really well, unconscious. The sound of another two pairs of footsteps causes my eyes to turn to the sound. I sigh in disappointment and annoyance as I discover Damian ad (S/H/N) had finally arrived.

"Sorry I'm late, I had some things to do beforehand," Damian announces.

"By 'things', he means me" (S/H/N) coughs.

"We didn't need to know that," I mumble.

"You guys are on clean-up duty, you know what to do Robin," Dick instructs them.

Without another word Jason, Dick and I leave. My brain is literally on low battery, so I'm gonna forget about whatever Damian alluded to and go back home to sleep for the first time this week.