The Bakery (Damian Wayne x Reader)

Hey! Ok, let's get straight to the point...this was requested by @realEmail. The prompt is number 2 (Did you just catch that piece of bread with your mouth?). Hope you enjoy! ❤️
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
Damian pov
The bakery is a galley of a shop. So much of the space is taken up by the ovens and the mouth-watering displays that the customers are only left to squeeze in and out. From the cracking chessboard tile, I can only imagine the store to be older than me, though the sign above the display window was freshly painted in black and white. I know the real reason to why I am here but I cannot resist the temptation of the delightful pastries.

The cakes beckon me in and the aroma of fresh baked cookies and bread take me by the hand and lead me inside. When the assistant catches my eye, an expectant eyebrow is raised. I recognise her as the girl who has the lowest grade in my math class. I believe her name is (Y/N) (L/N). Maybe I should offer to tutor her sometime, I always love to start up drama within the millions of girls that want me. Her smile seems to be forced and her eyes dart arms around the shop almost like she is trying to avoid looking at me. This girl is a puzzle to me. Unlike all the others, she does not fall for my charms. Every situation that we have been in results in her attempting to remove herself from my presence. Honestly, it annoys the hell out of me. The coms crackle into life and I hear Jason's voice.

"Damian, if you keep staring at the employee I will come down there and cut you." He threatens.

"Try me, Todd. You know I am the better fighter." I respond.

There is flour on her cheeks and nose. She moves about the kitchen with a faux-adult air, masking where she is unsure by calling her "assistant" to do something for her. She's adorable, but then I'm biased. She's got the tabs wrapped right around her back and tied at the front where everyone can see the knot. The vibrant hues of the apron are dusted with flour and smudged with cocoa, smeared with a little butter. It's a work of art on a work of art. Her face is happy but serious, I guess when it comes to getting her job right it's no laughing matter. I sit at one of the tables in the corner of the room, going unnoticed by most of the customers and staff. Some stupid drug cartel is using bakeries to smuggle their good into Gotham and it's our business to stop them.

The bell above the door rings as a man enters the small shop. His cowboyish gait is at odds with the suit he wears. There is a casualness to it that wasn't quite right in cloth so crisp. All that is missing was the gun and a ten-gallon hat. When he opens his mouth it is with a New York accent. His face is one of utmost confidence, whatever game this man played he isn't accustomed to losing. He smiles like a con-man and shakes the manager's hand with what looks like the perfect squeeze and eye contact. Through my years of training, I had been taught to never trust a man so perfect, as far as I am concerned the more perfect the image the greater the danger underneath. Everyone has flaws and quirks, if they had been polished right out then trust isn't even an option. This is the man responsible for the many overdoses that have occurred in Gotham. With a disappointed sigh, I stand up and make my way toward the two men. I take one step around the counter before I am stopped by (Y/N).

"What are you doing?" She asks.

"I assumed the bathroom is around the back so this would be a more efficient way to get there." I lie.

"Look, I know you're the son of Bruce Wayne but that doesn't mean that you get to do whatever the hell you want. What were you doing?" She replies.

"Tt. Just move (L/N), I have important business to attend to. I don't need you in the way." I say harshly.

"Leave now." She demands.

I notice the men leaving through the back door causing the situation to be more urgent. (Y/N) narrows her eyes and blocks my path to the men even more. Although I find this little act of bravery quite adorable, she is getting in my way.

(Y/N) pov
I open my mouth and begin to tell Damian to leave once more but I am suddenly stopped as his mouth covers mine. His warm lips are gentle but firm. He draws away quickly. I can hardly swallow. Heat engulfs my body. Before I realise what he is doing, he has already slipped past me and vanished. It takes me another two minutes before I can even begin to think about my body functioning again. I walk back to the counter in a dazed state and continue to serve customers in the hope that it will take my mind off of what had just happened. The time passes quite quickly as I busy myself with small tasks to keep myself occupied.

After a while the shop has begun to lose its customers, giving me some quiet time to do whatever the hell I want. My stomach grumbles as I reorganise the bread basket. With a sly smirk, I take a piece of bread and begin to rip it into different sized pieces. I begin to experiment with how high I can throw the pieces then catch it in my mouth before eating it. It's like the popcorn thing but I use bread instead. Honestly, when you work in a place like this, there isn't a lot to do. After throwing my second last piece a voice interrupts my entertainment.

"Did you just catch that piece of bread in your mouth?" Damian asks.

"So lover boy has come back has he?" I retort.

"Tt. There was an important emergency that I had to attend to." He says, clearly annoyed,

"Let me guess, it wasn't the bathroom." I joke.

"Correct. I'd like to apologise for my rash actions. Is there anything I can do for you?" He replies.

I search my mind for a minute, to think of a suitable punishment for the horrendous crime he had committed. Although I hadn't been fond of the boy a few hours ago, he had somehow changed my mind. I mean, what can a girl say? He doesn't look half bad and he can be polite with a small amount of niceness on the rare occasion. This boy has committed heat another crime without knowing it...he just stole my heart.

"I'll forgive you if you can bake me a cake." I decide.

"What kind?" He asks.

"Surprise me, lover boy," I reply with a smirk.