5.1

Just as my fingers dialed over the taxi service's number I realized that I could not show back up to Violet's grandparent's house without her, and I couldn't remember the exact street. I walked back toward the tattoo shop to Violet's car, hoping she had left at least left one door unlocked. I got lucky as I got inside the freezing car, sitting in the passenger seat. If she wouldn't have been so difficult I could've gotten the keys and kept the heat on. I curled into a ball and pulled my jacket over my shoulders, putting my arm in one of the sleeves. I was angry, cold and now sad because my girlfriend was inside a bar with an attractive male, refusing to go with me. It never surprised me. Why would she actually choose me?

------------------------
to: hot girlfriend Violet
im waiting in the car, whenever you're ready
-
to: kinda punk bf michael
its too cold to be out there
-
to: hot girlfriend Violet
im fine
----------------

Violets POV

I got back to the car after Michael texted me, because I couldn't bare to think of him in the cold. I found him asleep against the window, his plastic wrapped wrist out in front of him. I wanted more than anything to apologize and forget today, but it wasn't going to happen. I should've accepted the fact that he was watching out for me. I also wanted to reach over and brush the hair under his snapback out of his face, but that wasn't going to happen either. I overreacted, because I know he wouldn't have intentionally made me feel dumb. By mistake he played on my biggest insecurity, and back in the bar, I played on his. I laughed and talked with Avery when I could see how frustrated and jealous he was. I felt bad thinking about it. I turned the heat on full blast and drove us back. I realized that I had no idea what he even got inked on his wrist today.

"Michael," I said, my voice quiet. I touched his shoulder, trying to wake him up. He sat up and bumped his wrist against the window. He winced. I didn't say anything. I stepped out of the car, walking towards the house. Juliana's car was parked at the end of the driveway, her name written out in cursive letters on the back window. I didn't wait for Michael to enter the house when I found my cousins and Nanna and Papa in the living room. "Look whose back!" Nanna smiled. Michael entered the room seconds later, his inked arm against his side. "There he is! Did you get anything? Isn't Alexander good?" Papa bombarded him with questions.

"Yeah, he's definitely talented. I'll unveil the big surprise in a couple of hours." He replied, gesturing to his wrist. Juliana then coughed. "Aren't you going to speak to your favorite cousin? I heard the amnesia's changed you." "You're not supposed to bring that up," Pratt, her brother, whispered loudly. "Jordan will always be my favorite cousin." I replied. "You've still kept your sense of humor. Aren't you going to introduce me?" "Juliana, this is my boyfriend, Michael. Michael, this is my pretentious cousin Juliana." "Hi," he said, giving a small smile. How could I ever be mad at him? He's perfect. "We should all go out to dinner later." Julianna proposed. "I don't-" "Yes. Violet needs more bonding time with you guys." Nanna spoke. "I'm going to go lay down, I should be recharged in a couple hours." I sighed, as if I were yawning. I turned and walked toward the hallway, hoping Michael was following. I laid across the bed, placing my hands over my eyes. Michael came in the room and shut the door. I waited to see who would speak first. He sat on the edge of the bed, and after five minutes, I knew he wasn't going to speak. Our silence continued.