2.9

somebody new - joywave

Violet's POV

I woke up for school on Monday, immediately dreading it. I spent the rest of the weekend after the party ignoring everyone. I didn't answer Ashton, Kate, Calum, Michael or Bea's texts. After my moment in the car with Luke, he didn't bother me. I didn't expect him to.

I quickly put on jeans and a hoodie, leaving my hair in its half wavy half straight mess. I pulled the hood over my head. I slipped on my black Vans and went out the door, not even saying goodbye to Dad, who spent the morning on the phone with Marie. I didn't feel like fighting for his attention.

I drove in the morning rain, my mixed thoughts on today getting inside my head. I was nervous, excited and scared, all at the same time. I anxiously tapped my fingers against the wheel. I couldn't even be bothered to turn on the radio. The last thing I needed was a distraction.

I parked my car in its normal spot, a few paces from the smoking corner. Instead of walking towards it and going inside, I went all the way around the front of the building, avoiding both sets of people I didn't want to see. I planned to stay as far away from my "friends" and Michael. I needed time.

We were busy in graphic design, so I kept my headphones in to keep Calum and I from speaking. I was glad he chose not to interrupt. He didn't do anything in this mess, because he was being cheated on too, but he was still an asshole. I thought since Calum took the hint I didn't want to speak everyone else would follow, yet the thought didn't apply to Michael in algebra. "Violet," Michael whispered from behind me. I didn't say a word. "Violet, please," he continued, and I kept my head towards the board, writing down useless information. "Violet, seriously," he went on. "Mr. Clifford, is there something you'd like to share with us?" Mrs. Whitman spoke. "Uh, no." he answered. He didn't say anything else for the rest of class.

I skipped free period, by sitting in Mrs. Gray's room, discussing books and movies. She didn't mind spending her planning period with me, or so she said.

When lunch finally arrived, I stayed calm. This is it. I was kind of glad Michael and his friends didn't have the same lunch period as me.

I sat down empty handed, while the rest of the table began to file in with their lunches. The food looked like some kind of mutant concoction, there was no way I was eating it, especially not today. The four of us sat at one end of the table, while the rest of "our" followers filled in the remaining seats on the opposite end. Kate jumped in with normal conversation, gossiping and blabbing on about the most annoying things. I wondered how Calum, much less Ashton could stand her. There was a silence, and I took it as my chance to speak. I hadn't planned anything out, so I was just diving in.

"Kate, I have a question." "Yeah?" "It's all hypothetical, but still kind of important." They looked at me to continue, "If Calum was cheating on you with another girl, would you still be with him?" "No way. I love you, but I would kick your ass to the curb." She answered, pinching his cheek. "I'll remember that. What about you, Ash?" Calum asked. "Uh," he began. I tried not to smirk. "I would still be with you, because we could work it out." "So you wouldn't mind if I was fucking another guy, and not you, all the time?" I fired back. "Never mind. Hell no." He responded, placing his hands on the table. "Good to know," I said, my chest now heavy. I've set it up, all I have to do is follow through, and then I'm free.

"With that being said, finally, Ashton, I'm done being your girlfriend." I breathed. I felt the weight being lifted from my shoulders. "What?" He snapped his head toward me, "What are you talking about, Violet?" his voice sounded panicky. I stood, "I know about you and Kate, which gives me a valid reason to break up with you. But that's not the only reason. I don't like you, I don't love you. All three of you make me miserable." I began walking away from the table, until a strong grip tightened around my wrist. "Sit down. We have to talk about this." Ashton said, just as Calum asked Kate what was going on. "No. That's the thing, I'm not your girlfriend anymore. I don't have to." "Violet, you're not doing this. First homecoming, now this shit? What about prom? You're ruining senior year!" "Fuck off," I told him as broke away, not looking back.

-

and that is the end of #vashton yoooo

i'll update again after i crawl through finals week