1.5

carry me - bombay biycle club

Violet's POV

"Movie night doesn't start for another hour so we can just drive around, my house is pretty boring." Michael told me, as we left the frozen yogurt shop. "What, do you live alone?" I laughed. "My dad is a doctor at the emergency room and my mom's a hairdresser. They're never home." "I understand. My dad is always at work, or at his office. I hardly see him."

"Oh my god," was all I could say as I read the text across the screen. I definitely needed to change the names in my contact list.

-----------------------------------

To: Vi

are you sure you can't come to the party babe?

-

To: Ashy Baby

positive

------------------------------------

"What?" Michael asked, as he focused on the road. "Are you sure you can't come to the party babe?" I imitated Ashton's voice, and we both laughed. "No, you fucking idiot," I added. "What is the deal with them begging me to go to these parties?" "You used to be the center of attention at every one of them," Michael answered. I was glad he said it past tense.

"Did you go to them?" I asked. "A couple times. There are a lot better parties that the cool kids don't go to." "I guess I'll have to try one out sometime." I adjusted my sunglasses. The sun was awfully bright.

"I warned you that it's boring," Michael said as he opened the door. I followed behind him until he stopped. "Mom, I didn't know-" "I'm not going to ruin your movie night, Liz and I are going out for dinner later." "Whose this?" She asked. "This is Violet. We're going to my room now," he took my hand, dragging me away. "Nice to meet you," I said as I was pulled away.

"More stairs? You're trying to kill me." I told him as I looked at the flight below me. "I could carry you, again," "Do not use that tone. You offered." I pushed his shoulder. I held onto his shoulders as we walked down. "You know, if I fall, you'll fall too." he said. "How reassuring, you dick." I said as we reached the bottom. "Holy shit," I looked around in amazement. He seemed like the type to have his room in the basement.

The brick walls were plastered with record covers and posters, and there were guitars and several game systems. Besides the bed, he had a refrigerator, a couch, and two chairs. "I would never leave my room if I lived down here." I said as I looked around. "Sometimes I don't. It took forever to get it like this." he said as he sat down on the couch.

"My room is hideous. It's pink. There are white christmas lights hanging around ever wall, a giant, useless tv, and pictures of random people on my wall in little collages. I hate it." "You'll have to show me sometime." "Definitely. I'm sure you could get some good material from that," "I don't make jokes about everything." he defended. "You're right, you make bad jokes about everything."

"Luke said he's on his way, Bea and Nick are probably close." "Do they go to our school too?" I asked. "Bea is homeschooled and Nick is a college dropout." "How old are you anyway?" I was full of questions. "Almost nineteen." "Nineteen and still in high school?" "I started late." "Believable." I laughed. "I brought alcohol!" a loud voice shouted from the top of the stairs. They didn't make my head pound too hard.

A boy came down the stairs, two bags in each of his hands. "Ooh. Whose this? Mikey finally get a girlfriend?" he asked. I blushed. "No, god,Nick, this is Violet. We're friends." "Hi." I said to him, pushing my sunglasses over my eyes. It would be dark in here soon, it wasn't going to kill me. My head felt content right now. "Well hello to you too," he came over to me, reaching out for my hand. "Nick, cut it out. She's got a boyfriend who could kick your ass." Michael warned him, his tone cold. "Bummer." Nick said, sitting down next to me.

"Yeah, well maybe we wouldn't be late if you didn't take so long." Luke said as he walked down the stairs. "Me? Don't act like it takes you five minutes to get your fucking hair like that." a girl followed. Her hair was a dark red color, almost brown. She had tattoos too, but not as many as Michael.

"You must be Violet. I'm Bea." she said as she took a seat in the chair. "How come I'm the only one who doesn't know Violet?" Nick asked. "Consider yourself lucky," I told him. "I only know her because Michael here told me alllllll about her." "I did not," Michael tried to retort. I wish I had someone to tell about Michael. "Aw, you talk about me. Cute." I laughed. "I was just telling her that you were coming over tonight, and for her not to act weird." "And how he heroically saved you." she made kissing noises. "I'm going to kill you." he said, and I just laughed. I felt apart of something.