3.0

robbers - the 1975

Violet's POV

I walked outside quickly, passing the smoking corner too fast to see if anyone was there. I got in my car and turned the heat on to fight the fresh November weather. Thankfully, Ashton didn't come running after me. He was probably fighting with Calum. I took in a deep breath, as realization hit me. Although I was free from my "friends" I still didn't get what I'd hoped for. Michael didn't want to be with me. I laid my head against the wheel, slowly breathing. I thought back to the party, and all that had happened. For a second, while our lips danced in the darkness, I thought that Michael might have actually felt the same.

I couldn't even look at him, when I did I felt embarrassed. After being at the hospital, I probably should've stayed away from him. Of all the things Ashton was actually right about, it was this. I had upset the normal equilibrium of our lives. Yet, somehow I couldn't regret ever being friends with Michael. He made me feel alive, and happy. All of that was gone now, because I had to run out of there, leaving him to go off with someone else. I let him slip away.

I turned the radio up a little louder, all of the songs making things worse. I just wanted to go home and sleep it all away. I closed my eyes, considering my options. Just as I was about to decide to drive away, I jolted from a knock on my window. I'm glad I kept my doors locked. "Violet." I knew the muffled voice from anywhere. I looked up to see Michael, standing outside the door, jiggling the handle. My chest hurt. I began to quietly hyperventilate. I couldn't even find words to speak to him.

"We need to talk, please," he said, and I continued staring at him. I was almost in tears. I didn't even know what I would say if I were to talk to him. I opened my mouth, but words wouldn't come out. "Violet, unlock the doors." he told me, but I couldn't. I probably looked like an idiot, staring at him like that. I turned off the car, my hands moving before I could stop them. I began to open the door and he stepped back, letting me out of the car. Before he could speak, I was walking away quickly, trying to get back into the school. I ignored him as he called my name repeatedly, trying to catch up with me.

I was almost near the greenhouse when I felt his hand on my shoulder, spinning me to face him. I didn't have time to react when his lips were pressed against mine, his hands around my waist. My hands rose to the back of his neck, as I felt his tongue slip into my mouth. I pulled away, and I looked him in the eyes. I was speechless. I didn't know what was happening, or what to feel, but I wasn't questioning the moment. That's what got me in trouble last time. "I did not mean for that night to happen," he spoke, "well, for it to end that way. After you left I did some stupid things that I shouldn't have, and I'm sorry you had to find out about it that way. I have liked you for a long time, and I really care about you. I promise that I never meant to hurt you." he moved closer to me. I didn't know what to say.

"Michael, I," "Ashton doesn't deserve you, and it took a lot for me to not beat the shit out of him after I found out what he did to you." "I broke up with him." I spoke, the words coming out almost silent. "I really like you, a lot. I should've told you a long time ago." I added, my voice now a little bit louder. Everything was happening at once; breaking up with Ashton and now kissing Michael, but it was happening.

Just as he opened his mouth to speak, the door thudded as someone began to open it. I backed away, moving away from Michael and the path of the door. I don't know if i was relieved to see Luke or not. Just as he put the cigarette in his mouth, he stopped, looked at us, and smirked. "Mikey, I must say, your lips are quite a bubblegum pink color today." he smirked. "At least I don't have to play Dr. Phil anymore, thank God," he added as he sat on the bench, lighting the poisonous stick. "What class are we in?" I asked, running my fingers through my hair, my cheeks pink from the awkwardness. "Sixth is almost over." Had I sat in the car that long? "I have to turn in my paper," I said quickly, turning to Michael. "I'll see you later," I told him, opening the door.

-

if ur not miolet af by now u better get ready to be