4.6

Violet's POV

As December approached so did the several other things I had put on hold since the accident, including speaking with the counselor. "These are some of the colleges you applied to in the summer, outside my office are some different ones, in case you've changed your mind." Mrs. Banks told me, and I tried really hard to care about what she was saying. It's weird to think about, being thrown into the adult world so suddenly. I've missed such a large part of life and I can't get it back. It's still frustrating. "Uh, yeah. I'll go look at some brochures." "If you have any questions let me know okay?" She spoke to me like everyone did the week of the accident, slow and in the simplest terms. I nodded as I left her office. At first I wasn't actually going to look at brochures, but I figured I should, for the sake of my "future". I grabbed a couple brochures of random places and left the hallway. I looked at the time, and assumed Michael and Luke were eating lunch in one of their cars by now. Although I had a different lunch period, I needed to talk to someone about this. Luke is pretty smart, and I knew his mom made him apply somewhere. Michael and I had never discussed college at this point.

I found them in Luke's car, smoke rolling out of the windows. I hopped the the backseat. "Shit, you scared the fuck out of me." Luke said, adjusting in his seat. "Who else would get in your car? Calm down." "Hey babe," Michael said, and, as usual, my heart skipped a beat. Luke made gagging noises, also the usual. "Don't you have class right now?" "I had to go see the counselor. I still have time to apply for colleges, unless I want to go to the same college as Kate and Ashton and them." "Let me see those," Luke turned around, grabbing the brochures. "Where did you apply to?" I asked Michael. "I haven't," he said. For some reason, his response was unsettling for me. "I don't know what I want to do yet. So I haven't applied. I'll get my life together eventually." This, I'm sure, would be a problem later. "Me and Bea both applied here, you should check it out." He handed me back one of the brochures. "It's only like two hours away too," he added. "I'll probably apply here then. What is their acceptance rate?" I asked. "Ew. Could you nerds discuss this later?" Michael groaned. "Fuck you. Thirty five percent." "My GPA is okay right now, almost at a 4.0, I think I could get in." "Acceptance letters haven't gone out yet, but I know I'll get in." "Enough about college. Ugh." "What, does the future terrify you?" "Yes." Luke said at the same time as Michael said "No." "The future does not terrify me. Uncertainty, a little. But no. It doesn't matter. I'll deal with it when it gets here." Michael responded. "Right. I'm gonna go look at applications." I opened the door, exiting the smoke filled car. "Wait," Michael stepped out of the car. He wrapped his arms around me, shielding me from the freezing wind. "I love you." He pulled me closer to him. "I love you too. Are you okay?" I asked, looking up at him. "Yeah. I just wanted to tell you." "You're worrying me." "I'm fine," he chuckled. "Alright. I'm gonna go inside, I'm freezing my ass off." "I can fix that," "Oh my god stop." I laughed, pushing him away.

Michaels POV

I had considered what I'd do after high school before Violet's accident. I would get some kind of job, take a break, and then go to college, eventually. I didn't want to jump right into it, and at that time, it was an acceptable plan. Now that I'm with Violet, and it is almost impossible to separate us, I have to rethink. There's no way that my shitty grades would get me into the school all of them are going to. There's also no way in hell I would ever ask her to stay. I don't even know what she plans to be after college, what kind of boyfriend am I? I'm beyond terrified. Everyone is moving on and I'm going to be here, forever. In like six months everyone is leaving, including her. That's scary as fuck, especially for me, since I'm going nowhere. My idea of staying here is still what I want to do. The only problem, or obstacle, is Violet. I don't want her to leave, and I don't want to leave with her. I'm still stressed about it, but my only option is to deal with it when the time comes. I'm not one for contemplation on unnecessary things. "Dude, you're about to get ashes on my fucking seat," Luke pushed my shoulder, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Let's go, lunch is over I think." I replied, stepping out of the car and crushing the cigarette with my shoe, just like my previous thoughts.

-------------------------------------

to: hot girlfriend violet

where do you sit in the caf

-

to: kinda punk bf michael

in the back. the only person sitting by themselves. y

-

to: hot girlfriend violet

im coming to sit w you

-

to: kinda punk bf michael

you have class rn

-

to: hot girlfriend violet

shut up

-

to: kinda punk bf michael

make me

-

to: hot girlfriend violet

go to my car and i will

-

to: kinda punk bf michael

nO

-

to: hot girlfriend violet

don't even pretend it hasn't happened before ;)

-

to: kinda punk bf michael

im going to strangle u

-

to: hot girlfriend violet

kINKY

-

to: hot girlfriend violet

now we have to go to my car

-

to: kinda punk bf michael

get ur ass over here & we'll see

-

to: hot girlfriend violet

YAS

------------------------------------

much needed filler

srry

#miolet