2.7

hands - cub sport

Violet's POV

I ran past all the people crowding the hallways, finding an empty bathroom. I considered splashing water on my face as I stared at my reflection, but runny makeup wouldn't help anything. I took a deep breath. I kissed Michael. He kissed me back. Friends don't do that. I took a deep breath, trying to calm down.

I spent what felt like twenty minutes in the kitchen having drinks and listening to some guy tell me how awful his night was going. All I could think of was why I left. I didn't even know. I should've stayed in the little room, kissing Michael and forgetting the universe existed. Instead, I chickened out and ran. If one thing was for sure, I had to find him. I needed to tell him. Tonight. "Michael, I like you. I don't want to be just friends." I said in my head, hoping it would come out that way when I found him.

I passed through more people, the loud music now getting on my nerves. I went back toward the circle of people, now smaller than before. I looked around from afar, trying to find him. My eyes wandered the area, until I spotted a bright yellow shirt. He was heading back to where I left him, but with a petite girl by his side. I blinked my eyes, hoping it wasn't true, but I watched as the brunette in front of him pulled him along into the room.

My chest hurt. Why would he do that? He kissed me back. I let out a deep breath. My cheeks burned with embarrassment. I felt pain and anger as I began walking passed the group, and through the rest of the large house. I couldn't control all the emotions I was feeling. I wanted our feelings to be mutual. Based on what I had just witnessed, he didn't feel the same. He just reacted. I wanted to hurt Michael, because of what I was momentarily feeling. I don't know who it would hurt more, what I planned to do- him or me.

I searched around the house, looking for Ashton. He wasn't where I last saw him, and I'd only spoken to him for a few minutes the entire night. Who needs Michael, right? I'm dating Ashton. And no matter how many times I repeated it in my head, I still couldn't convince myself. Ashton sucks and I hate him. I walked upstairs, looking into rooms to spot him. I didn't even know what I would do when I found him. I saw an empty room, a girl sitting on a bed on her phone. "Um, have you seen a guy named Ashton?" I asked. "Irwin? He's down the hall." "Thanks," I said, backing away. "I wouldn't go in there. He's screwing someone." my cheeks flushed. "Who?" I asked quickly. "You know Kate Greene? He's been cheating on his bitch of a girlfriend Violet since she got amnesia. Serves her right." "Yeah," I said, leaving the doorway. I realized she didn't recognize me because of my darker hair. I pushed past the people crowding the hallway and went back downstairs. Obviously, I was the only one getting fucked over. What a night.

I headed toward the door furiously pushing past groups of people. I reached the outside, the cold air slapping me in the face, pushing me towards sobriety. I don't even remember where my jacket ended up. I paced in front of the house, the few people on the porch who were smoking not caring or noticing.

I felt hurt, for the wrong reason. Seeing Michael follow that girl into the room made me feel sick. For a split second, I almost thought he liked me back. Ashton cheating on me with Kate is a shock, but I'm relieved. It pisses me off because he didn't have the decency to break up with me, but now I don't have to force myself to be with him. I don't have to keep attempting to backtrack my past. I can break up with him and move on, and continue to like Michael when he doesn't like me back.

"Fuck," I hissed, pacing and rubbing my arms. "Violet?" I turned around to Luke, walking down the steps of the house, cigarette in hand. "What do you want?" I asked, my voice angrily shaky. I was trying my best not to cry in front of him. He would really enjoy that. "Are you alright? You look fucking crazy walking back and forth like that." "No, I'm not. I'm just gonna walk home, I have to get out of here." "Michael would kill me if he found out I let you walk home at three in the morning." "I highly doubt he would," my voice was breaking. I couldn't keep it together. "You must not know Michael then. Come on." "Have you been drinking?" I asked. Was I really taking him up on his offer? We weren't all that fond of each other. "Not a drop. C'mon,"

I silently followed him back to his car, waiting for him to speak. "I know we're not friends or anything, but we could probably try to disagree less, for the benefit of everyone else." he said. What had gotten into him? I agreed anyway. "Fair enough," I nodded. "Now, what the fuck happened to you?" He asked finally. I was waiting for this question. "I know we're not friends or anything, but I'm going to have to tell you everything for you to know how I ended up pacing on the front lawn." And so I did, my drunken tears spilling. I needed to get everything off my chest. "I could care less about Ashton and Kate. The only thing I care about is what happened with Michael. Nobody really knows this, and you better not fucking tell, but I like him. A lot."

"Wait a second. You're shitting me," "I sound stupid, but it's true. I really do care about him. God, it's sounds so lame." "I just can't believe this, really." "Why is it so hard to believe?" "Just by everything that's happened. Violet Cameron likes Michael Clifford, of all people. Wow. Plot twist! " "I fucked it up now anyway. He's probably fucking that girl right now." I wiped my eye, some if my eyeliner rubbing off on the back of my hand.

"He wouldn't crack that fast. Don't worry about it. It's gonna be fine." Luke reassured me. Luke Hemmings, reassuring me about my problems. Who knew that would be the least unexpected thing to happen tonight.

-

hEy