5.0

Violet's POV
I found myself in a karaoke bar only a few feet away from the tattoo parlor. There was no way I could go back there at this very second, and, I was old enough to get in here. I sat at the bar by myself, stirring a drink I wasn't old enough to be having. I didn't even plan on drinking it, but it made me look like I wasn't too young or stupid to be here. I was at least thankful that the bartender didn't card me. I was lost in thought when someone spoke to me. "Is anyone sitting here?" he asked. "Uh, no." I replied, shifting in the talk chair. "I'm Avery." He said. "Violet," I replied. I have paper spray on my keys, don't try anything. He opened his mouth to speak, but I cut him off. "Don't ask me what someone like me is doing here all by myself on a Tuesday night. Girls can go out for drinks alone without reason, and they shouldn't have to deal with the double standard of being picked up on while they're at it." "You're completely right. It's weird that you knew what I was going to say." "It's cliche. It's bound to happen."
Avery and I continued small conversation until my phone buzzed in my pocket. I didn't know how long I was even here, but it was long enough to make me forget what happened.
----------------------------
to: hot girlfriend violet
where are you.
-
to: kinda punk bf michael
down the street.
-
to: hot girlfriend violet
I'm serious.
-
to: kinda punk bf michael
you totally sound like it.
-
to: kinda punk bf michael
I'm at this bar like three buildings away.
-
to: hot girlfriend violet
alright
----------------------------------
I knew he would be mad when he saw me sitting beside Avery, but I didn't care. It's not like I was cheating on him, I wasn't even trying to make him jealous. I had no interest in Avery.

Michaels POV

My wrist and arm stung as the freshly wrapped ink hit the icy air. It stung anyway, but the wind didn't help. I didn't mean to sound like an asshole to Violet, but I needed her to think about it. When I was sixteen nobody told me that something that seemed cool at the time would be shitty years later. I'd only had one tattoo covered, but that was enough. She planned on getting a tattoo because she was told she couldn't, and because I was too. I didn't want her to regret something that would hurt like hell to get rid of, and never really go away. She deserved to be treated normally, that didn't happen with a tattoo. The only reason I came here is because Jim, Violet's grandfather insisted I go look at his best friend's son's work. After seeing what he could do I definitely wanted a new work of art on my body. By the time Violet stormed out, Alexander was ready for me to go back. But now, I was walking down the street to find Violet and apologize.

I opened the door to the bar, stopping to show my id to security. I scanned the dim room for her. I finally spotted her at the bar, smiling at the guy beside of her. Immediately, jealousy ran through me. I slowly approached them. I didn't want to make her anymore mad. "Are you ready to go?" I asked, turning to her. "Don't interrupt," she replied, turning back to the overly attractive guy. Why did she have to attract fucking juice head male models? When looking at us both, there was no competition. "You're not going to introduce me?" I said, sitting in the seat on the other side of her. "Avery, this is Michael. Michael, this is Avery." I nodded to him. He could probably sense my impatience.

"Shouldn't we be going soon?" I asked, five minutes later. "Nanna is cooking tonight. It's no big deal." "So you're siblings?" Avery, which is a girls name, asked. "I'm her boyfriend." I growled. "I knew you'd have a boyfriend. You're too pretty to be single." I resisted the urge to knock his head off his shoulders. "Yes. She does. Love my Violet." "Cool it." she responded. "Give me your keys then and I'll pick you up later." "They're my keys. Or are you going to make this decision for me too?" "I'm not doing this here. Let's go." "No." "Violet, come on. I'm serious." "You can't make her leave," pretty boy piped up. "Stay out of it." I snapped. "You're not going to talk to her like that." "I'm not talking to her any kind of way. You're not going to tell me what I can and can't say. You've known her for an hour." "I don't care. She clearly doesn't want to go with you." "Violet, we're leaving." she sat silently, stirring her drink. I knew she was doing this on purpose, trying to make me jealous. "I'm leaving then. Whatever," I turned around, walking away from them. I stepped into the cold air again, fishing my phone out of my pocket to call a cab. We hadn't even been here 3 hours and this trip was already a disaster.

------

Its my birthday hi

im thinking of a way to wrap this story up but also answer everything that needs to be addressed idk yet