1.9

compass - zella day

Michael's POV

We sat on the couch in my room playing xbox and eating pizza. Violet kept her right hand on a bag of ice as we did so. "At least I have another fun memory. I hope he's got a black eye. It would be like Christmas came early." she beamed, and though it still bothered me that it happened, I couldn't help but smile with her. He deserved every bit of it. He thought the world revolved around him, he was one of the most arrogant people I've ever come in contact with, besides Ashton.

"This hurts so bad. Have you ever been in a fight?" She asked. "Many." I replied. She examined her hand, her knuckles now an irritated color. The opportunity of kissing her knuckles was totally there.

Violet's POV

"Ow, it really hurts. I don't even think I hit him that hard." I groaned, my fingers slightly touching over my knuckles. "Does wittle Violet want me to kiss it better?" he puckered his lips out, and I laughed. "Here." I reached my hand out as if I were royalty. We continued to joke about Old Violet.

I watched as his hand grabbed my wrist gently, and the mood changed. Well, for me anyway. It was probably still a joke to him. I couldn't deny the electricity I felt as his lips brushed over each of my knuckles. Imagine what his lips would feel like against mine. I couldn't deny being attracted to him. The more I was forced to be with Ashton the more I wanted Michael. I wondered if he could feel my pulse racing in my wrist. As I looked at him, I thought of what a perfect couple we would be. I also thought of how it would never happen. It's obvious that he only sees me as a friend. Which is okay, because I definitely need one.

"Alright, enough," I laughed as his kisses got sloppier. "I can't believe you fucking licked me." "That's what she said," he laughed. "I hate you." "You love me. And my wet kisses." "Definitely not," I said as I wiped my hand on my shirt. We could both tell I was lying.

"What the fuck was that?" Michael shouted into the headset. I liked watching him play online with other people of the world. My favorite part was him arguing with the other players. "No, fuck you too, you don't know what you're doing." he said. I laughed. "You tell em' Michael!" I continued giggling. "No. What if she is? Fuck you, you're probably some loser sitting at home all alone getting off to the thought of a pretty girl looking at you. I'm here sitting beside one." I blushed. They were talking about me. He thinks I'm pretty. Oh my god.

"Fuck off." Michael took the headset off, closing the game. "You okay?" I asked, scooting closer to him. "I'm good. People are just idiots." "You're an idiot," I smiled.

Michael's POV

I tried it. I didn't think she was too weirded out by it, because at first I was serious about it, and I hoped her lips felt as great as her knuckles did against mine. I wanted to kiss her. Everywhere.

She insisted to watch me game online, though I knew it was a bad idea. The random gamer guys I'd end up with would try to say something about her being there, I knew it for sure. "Is that your girlfriend giggling like that?" dragox45 said. What kind of gamertag is that? "No." "He couldn't get a girlfriend, he's on here too damn long." Zboytrux said. "What if she is?" My tone got more sour. I could get a girlfriend, if I wanted to. I'm working on it right now. "Doubt it. You sound like a lame ass." dragox45 taunted. "Fuck you, you're probably some loser sitting at home all alone getting off to the thought of a pretty girl looking at you. I'm here sitting beside one." I felt satisfied with my response. It reminded me that I should be taking advantage of the situation, rather than playing fucking video games when the most beautiful girl in the world is sitting beside me. I couldn't skip a thing like this. Last week, this would have been a dream.

"What the fuck ever man," dragox45 growled. "Fuck off." I told them before exiting the game, and throwing the headset off of my head. "You okay?" Violet asked, coming closer to me. I felt like the damn heart-eyed emoji when I looked at her. "I'm good. People are just idiots," I sighed. "You're an idiot." she said. I'm your idiot.

"I'm so tired," she yawned. "Lame. It's only like three." I told her, stretching my arms. "I took my meds at like eleven, dude. You're lucky I've lasted this long." she replied. "Ugh. Fine. You can sleep in my bed, and I'll take the couch." "You don't have to give up the bed," she offered. Yes. We could totally sleep in the same bed. "You can sleep in your bed too, as long as you don't try to feel me up while I'm sleeping." she spoke. Did I say that aloud? Or does she just get me? "I make no promises," I laughed as I pulled the covers back. She fell asleep on one side, and I did the same, parallel to her. No cuddling, no kissing, no touching. But she was still inches away from me, so I couldn't complain.

I woke up in the middle of night, which was technically morning. We hadn't even been asleep three hours, according to my bedside clock. I would've rolled over to face Violet until I fell back asleep, but a warm body was stopping me. Her. I looked over my shoulder to see her face brushing against my back, and her fingertips barely clutching the side of my tshirt. We were pretty much spooning. This is so fucking awesome. I closed my eyes, cherishing the moment.

-

are u #miolet af?

in like 3 chapters shit is gonna get real interesting