3.4

take my love and run - bad suns

Michael's POV

I am so in love with her. Everything about her. Her smile, her laugh, the way she runs her fingers through her hair when she's frustrated, and even the way she rolls her eyes at my jokes. No matter what she does, I continue to be in love with her. But it's obviously too early to tell her.

"She's pretty much you're girlfriend already. I don't see the big deal." Luke stated, setting down the controller between his legs. "Because, I don't know. It seems to make more sense if I'm like, 'Do you want to be my girlfriend?' I'm pretty sure she'll say yes, but I think I should ask anyway. Girls like the label." "What happened to the 'she's not like most girls' attitude?" "She isn't. I just-" "Go on and admit it. You just want to say Violet Cameron is your girlfriend." "Of course I do. She's so amazing." "Enough. I would love to go one day without a daily program of This Is Why I Love Violet." "Shut up." I told him, reaching for my phone.

"Instead of taking her out to a nice dinner you're dragging her to a party. You're definitely boyfriend material." Luke said, fixing his hair in the mirror. "I don't know what you're bitching about. You're coming too." "Only because after my high wears off I'll have to drive your sorry asses home." "Could you hurry up and do your hair? I told her we'd be there at nine." "Shut up." He told me, totally stealing my line.

Violet's POV

"Try not to get too drunk tonight. My Dad is home." I told Bea, who was finishing applying her red lipstick. I could never pull off her look. "I figured you were going home with Michael, I was actually going to go home tonight." "No problems with your Mom?" "She was pretty bitchy, but I gave her some money and she's off my back for now." "I don't know if I'm staying with him or not," I tried not to smile. I couldn't stop thinking about him, and how wonderful he was.

I was putting on my shoes when Luke walked into my room, going straight for my bathroom. "Um, hello?" "I have to piss. I think your Dad is grilling Michael." "Oh my god." I stood up from the bed with only one shoe on, quickly pacing down the hallway. "Hey, Violet." My Dad said, awkwardly sitting on the couch near Michael. "Dad, leave him alone." "I wasn't saying anything. You haven't properly introduced me," he stood up, and Michael followed his actions. "You're giving him the Dad talk, I know it." "There's nothing wrong with a little Dad talk." he continued. I hoped that he didn't give Michael the If You Hurt My Daughter I'll Kill You speech. "Come on," I took Michael's hand, dragging him out of the room. "I am so sorry," I told him as soon as we were out of hearing distance from Dad.

"I haven't been pressed like that in awhile. By the way, I like the new look." He said, gesturing to my one shoe style. "What did he say?" I let go of his hand to open the door. "It wasn't a big deal. He doesn't want me to play around with your feelings, or we will, 'Have some issues.' He's a Dad letting his daughter go out with a guy that looks like me, I'm surprised he was so calm." "Why wouldn't he be? You're pretty great." I told him as we walked in the door, Luke now on my bed- a spot he had come to claim as his own. Luke and Bea made gagging noises as we walked across the room. "Shut up," we said simultaneously.

-
im about to go to school rn and i figure i might as well update