2.1

lazy eye - silversun pickups

Violet's POV

After my nap, I hung around the house, humming as I walked the halls, wishing I had a pet. I considered calling Michael, but we had seen a lot of each other lately. I didn't want him to get tired of me. This is where a dog or a cat would come in handy.

I laid on my bed, looking through my yearbook, until my phone rang. "I'll be there in an hour." Ashton's voice spoke. Fuck. I forgot about our "date". "Where are we going?" I asked. "Out to lunch." "Oh. Okay." I hung up, because clearly neither of us had anything to say. I sat up, to begin to change my clothes. I could go in Michael's clothes, which I realized I was still wearing, but that would only cause problems. They smelled like him, and I felt secure. God. I didn't even wonder how our "date" would go. I knew it would be challenging, because I'd spent a perfect .weekend with Michael.

Ashton called again, as I was finishing my hair. I told him that the door was open for him to let himself in. I pulled my jeans up my legs, moving my hips as I wiggled into them. I looked through my closet, quickly searching for a shirt. When Ashton came in I was still in my bra. "Hey." he said from behind my back, startling me. "I'm almost ready." I told him as I flipped through the possible options of shirts. "I always liked this one." He said, grabbing a pink blouse from the hanger. I almost thought he was joking. "That thing is hideous." I grabbed my Led Zeppelin tank top that cut off just before my belly button, and a long red cardigan sweater. Ashton was clearly going to watch me dress, so I turned to face the wall as I put the shirt over my head. Though it was pointless, because he'd seen me naked before.

"What are you gonna get?" He asked, staring at the menu. "I just want lemonade." I answered. Michael and I had eaten literally everything in his house for breakfast. I wasn't hungry. "I see you still care about your weight," he spoke, and I sucked in a breath. Easy tiger, don't snap just yet. "How was Calum's party?" I asked, though I didn't care. I had the time of my life with Michael, though my knuckles were still discolored. "Okay, I guess. Some guy punched Calum before I got there. His eye is so fucked." I tried not to smile. "That sucks. Why didn't he hit the guy back?" "He was caught off guard, I guess." "What did you do with Kate?" he asked me. "I had to cancel actually, I went to dinner with my dad and his fiancée." "So they told you about that, huh?" I nodded. Who knew talking about Marie would make me calm. "Do you still hate her?" he asked. "I don't like her for sure. They dropped it on me like a bomb, how am I supposed to like her?"

We continued talking about different things. I counted 7 times within the hour that Ashton said something offensive to me. I missed Michael's kindness. Ashton's phone rang, and he silenced me. I grimaced. "Hold on," he put a finger in the air, as if I didn't get the message before. "I'm out with Violet." he growled into the phone. "Whatever, fine. Let me at least take her home." he said, referring to me like some kind of nuisance pet. "Something came up, I gotta go." he stood from the booth. I followed behind him as we went to his car. Though he was totally blowing me off, I was thankful. I couldn't handle being with him any longer.

-

#vashton !!

nah I'm just fuckin with ya