4.8

Michael's POV

"I hate making a bad impression. I do it naturally, because I look like this. Sometimes it's shitty." I sat at the table, explaining my problems to my mom. "Not everyone is going to like you. You're going to get judged no matter what, you might as well be happy during it. Don't regret liking the way you look because some else doesn't." "I don't. I just want to be better for her. She says I don't cause conflict, but I know I do. Sometimes I think that one day she's going to be like "Oh yeah, I was just using you to piss my dad off." There's no other explanation for her. You know how my luck is with girls." I sighed. "That's not true and you know it. I know she loves you. I've had a good feeling about her since you first brought her home. You shouldn't be stressing about it." My mom's positive words flowed through my ears. "You know why I'm stressing. I'm just trying to be aware." "She still doesn't know about that?" "I've been making sure she doesn't find out. I don't want to give her any ideas." "That was over two years ago, I think she deserves to know." "She'll find out when her memory comes back." "Michael, she could never recover." "If I'm lucky," I replied. "It'll only cause problems if I tell her. I'm so happy right now I don't want anything to ruin it." "The truth is better for everyone in the end, and you know it." Just as she spoke, the doorbell rang. "I'm gonna go grab my bags, that's probably her." "Okay."

I came downstairs with my suitcase to find Violet talking to my mom. "Hey," I said, sitting the the suitcase down by the door. I gave my mom a hug before embracing Violet. "Are you okay?" She asked, and I realized I had been holding her tightly. "I just wanted a hug," "You're worrying me." "I didn't want to shove my tongue down your throat in front of my mom so I gave you a long hug instead." "Michael,"
Violet hissed. My mom looked at me, because she knew that wasn't true. Even if I would've have told her, I think she still would've known. "Alright, time to hit the road. Tell dad I love him," I said to my mom, before hugging her once again. "Be careful." She told us as we left the house. "Do you want me to drive?" I asked, putting my suitcase in the backseat of her silver Volvo. Before the accident she drove a BMW, but once she figured out how to drive again she said that a BMW was ridiculous for someone in high school to be driving.

"I'll drive for two hours and you can drive for the other two." "Do you even know where we're going?" "Yes. My dad gave me the address, I'll use gps." "Hey," I looked at her before we got in the car, "I love you." "I love you too." She pressed her lips to my cheek, leaving a line of kisses on my jaw. I closed my eyes for a second, marking this down as one of the moments we shared that should last forever. "You're so beautiful," she whispered. "Vi," I sighed. "There are beautiful people in the world. And you're allowed to be one of them." I wanted to argue, and tell her she was wrong, because she was, but I didn't want to argue. I wouldn't win. "You're the best thing to happen to me." I spoke, and I realized it was the first time I'd ever told her. "You're the best thing to happen to me, actually," she replied. "Don't be ridiculous." "You're ridiculous. I really love you a lot." she kissed me, and I held her close. "Wow," she said. "Hm?" "We're being hella romantic today." She laughed, pulling away from me. She walked over toward the driver side, getting in the car. I turned toward the door to see my mom smiling at me from behind the glass. I tried to smile hide my smile as I got in the passenger seat.
"I'm driving, therefore I get control of the radio. Change it." "I will not. Stacy's Mom is a classic." "I'm not in the mood to hear about Stacy or her mother. Turn on Jimmy Eat World." "No. Because if I turn them on you'll want to listen to The Middle and it's too upbeat for this time of day." "And Stacy's Mom isn't? Put on Good Charlotte and shut up." I never told her this, but I love arguing with her over the radio. We did this every time we were in the car together, and I lived for it.

"Wait a second. What if they try to make us sleep in different rooms?" I asked as I tapped my fingers on the wheel. "Then we'll promptly get in the car and go home." "You have become quite the difficult daughter," I spoke. "I've always been difficult, apparently. There's nothing wrong with putting myself first right now, since no one else is." "Baby, you're always number one to me." "Shut up," she rolled her eyes.

-

twisted is fufu lame and i have no motivation to write but i had so many good ideas for this story i had it all planned out and now im just :-////