4.7

Violets POV

"Is your dad home?" Michael asked as he got out of his car. We both drove separately to my house, skipping seventh period. "He shouldn't be. I don't see his car." "How many days ago was it that your dyed your hair?" I asked as we walked toward the door. "Uh, like three. I don't know, why?" "Because when your hair gets wet the dye bleeds." "Yeah, so?" "I'm going to be covered in purple dye. I'll have to take a separate shower to get that shit off." "Shut up."

"Look at that faded purple color in the shower. What a mess." "You weren't complaining this much when I was fucking you," "Alright. I'll remember that when you want me to blow you." "I'm sorry baby," "Uh huh." "What was that?" He asked. "What? I don't hear anything." "Violet, I hear a fucking car. Outside." I quickly went over to my window, peeking behind the curtains. "Stay very calm, okay?" I said, which was key word for freak the fuck out. "My dad is home. With Marie. Fuck!" I touched my hands to my wet hair. "Go put clothes on, and blow dry your hair." "Why?" "So they don't know we were showering together. Just hurry." "Do you know how long it takes me to do my hair? I cannot possibly hurry." "Michael," I groaned. "I'll try." He said, walking to my dresser. I scrambled around my room, putting on clothes and brushing out my hair. "Shit," I spoke. My dad just called my name. I paced over to my door, poking my head out. "I'm in here," "Come out here, please." He called back, from whichever part of the house he was in.

"Dude, he wants me to go out there. You have to go too." "Hell no. My hair is still flat." "He's got Marie with him and I'll be roasted if I'm by myself." "Vi," "You have a snapback that you left on top of my bookshelf. Pleaaaase," I grabbed his hand, pulling him toward me. "Ugh." He grabbed the cap as I drug him out the door.

I found my dad and Marie downstairs at the dining room table, pretending to be in deep conversation. "Yeah?" I said as I entered the room, with Michael's fingers laced in mine. "Hello, Violet, Michael," Marie nodded, her tone of voice suspicious. I considered sharing a chair with Michael because it was piss them off for sure, but decided against it as we both awkwardly sat down. It was sad that I felt awkward in my own home. I tried to ignore the fact that Marie had been staying here, and would eventually live here. Once I graduated, I would probably never return. The thought of all of this made me miss my mother, pre-divorce.

"Vi, are you listening?" My dad touched my arm, and I snapped out of the thought process I was in the middle of. "Hm?" I blinked, and Marie suppressed a laugh. "I was giving the run down for what we're doing for Thanksgiving and Christmas." "Yeah, what are we doing?" "For Thanksgiving we're going to your grandparent's in Pennsylvania. I decided for Christmas we will just be spending it here." "By 'we' you mean..." I trailed, bracing myself. "You, myself, and Marie." "Even for Christmas? Dad." "Violet," he scolded, his eyebrows furrowing in disappointment. My face expressed exactly what I was thinking, you can't make me like her. "We were thinking, with the permission of Michael's parents, he could come with us to Pennsylvania." I believe this was their peace offering because of the Christmas thing. "Are you serious?" I asked, folding my arms. I knew they didn't like Michael. Well, Marie didn't anyway. My dad was fine with him until Marie met him. "Yes. We wouldn't want you to spend the entire break with a bunch of adults," Marie spoke. "We'll think about it. Come on," I touched Michael's shoulder, signaling for him to stand. I took his hand and we exited the room.

I waited until we were in my room to speak. "They're only doing this so I won't make a big deal about Christmas. I wish Marie didn't exist." I laid back on the bed, running my fingers through my damp hair. "Could you picture me meeting your grandparents? I think it would be the same as seeing mine, or worse." He replied, sitting beside me on the bed. "The last time I remember seeing them was when I was like ten. They were pretty cool then, but they hated my mom." "I think me going is a bad idea." He said. "If I go you have to go. We can drive ourselves." "I look like a bad influence compared to the daughter they're used to. Which, I know I'm not, but it looks that way." "Since when do you give a shit about what people think? What if I go, and I'm by myself, and some weird Pennsylvanian boy tries to hit on me?" "Stop persuading me." "Infinite blow jobs." "Stop it." "Infinite." "Fine, but only because I love you." I sat up beside him, placing my hand on the side of his face. "I really love you." I told him, moving closer to him. I believe that was an understatement, because when I looked at him I felt something much stronger than love. It's weird to think that just months ago we were practically strangers.

-

nobody even likes this story anymore LOL