4.0

Violets POV

"Hello?" I answered my phone, trying to stop giggling from Michael's kisses and tickles. "Hey, Vi," Dad spoke, his tone light. I knew this tone. The last time I'd heard it, he begged me to go spend "girl time" with Marie. I only made it fifteen minutes into the shopping spree when I left. Marie's voice was high pitched and perky. She compared everything to her friends from California. She was so materialistic, the biggest form of a cliche to a stepmother as it came. We didn't agree on anything. She tried giving me advice as a mother would, as if I'd asked for it. I couldn't like her. She was a replacement.

"No. Hell no." I shook my head. "Violet, please. I have been very lenient in letting Michael spend the night, and sleep in the same bed. I didn't say anything about that fact you came in drunk at four this morning." "So you don't trust me? What about that bullshit Trust Your Teen shit? I'm happy. And I'm eighteen anyway," "Violet, please. It's just dinner. Marie would like to meet him. It's not even at a fancy restaurant." That was a lie, everywhere they had dinner at was fancy. They sure fit in, but I felt out of place. "I'll see what our plans are." "I'll text you the address. Please, Vi. Please make an effort. I love you." "Love you too," I sighed.

"You're in for a total treat," I rolled my eyes to Michael. "We're going to dinner with Dad and Marie." "And you agreed? You must be feeling generous. Do I have to wear a suit?" he joked. "I kind of like what you're wearing now." I told him, looking him up and down and laughing at his shorts. "Of course you do. Ladies love the jorts."

"I have a serious question to ask you." Michael said, as we parked in the parking lot. "Yeah?" I unbuckled my seatbelt, stepping out of my car. "Are you dating me to piss your Dad off?" he asked, stopping at the entrance. "Is that what you think? You know I could care less about what he thinks." I took his hand in mine, opening the door to the restaurant. We both earned stares from other people as we walked toward the table; both if us in black skinny jeans and band shirts, Michael's looking a lot less tattered than mine.

We sat down across from Dad and Marie, her bright shade of lipstick making me want to puke. I will never know what my Dad saw in her, she was nothing like my mother. "Violet," my Dad cleared his throat. "Marie, this is my boyfriend, Michael. Michael," I paused, several insults on the tip of my tongue, "this is Marie." I didn't bother to mention what relation she was. They awkwardly shook hands across the table as I held Michael's other hand. I liked the way his inked arm looked next to mine. "So, how did you guys meet?" Marie asked. I looked at Michael, hoping he would say something. "Uh, I found Violet when she hit her head, and called the ambulance. So we met through that." he told her, his voice quieter than at it's normal, loud tone. "Like a hero story. You fell in love with him because he saved you," she beamed, her idiotic words making me want to choke. I clenched my teeth, "I've never heard the story on how you met Dad. Post-divorce or...?" My dad immediately tensed.

"I'm staying at Marie's tonight. Michael, I would prefer you not stay tonight." Dad spoke, and I almost spilled my overpriced drink. "What the hell, Dad?" "Violet, it's fine." Michael said, but it wasn't fine. "No, it's not. Since when do you have a problem with my friends staying over?" "Michael is your boyfriend now, Marie and I think that it would be safer-" I sucked in a breath, trying not to let tears form in my eyes. I stood up, Michael catching on to my actions. "When you get your balls back from Marie, call me. This is bullshit." I walked away from the table, trying to get out of there as fast as I could. I hoped Michael was following me.

-

vIOLET YOOOOO

THE DISRESPECT IS REAL

I've recently started watching the walking dead so I've been hella binge watching I've watched 4 seasons in a week cool bye

also happy valentines day this story is so behind