1.8

champions of red wine  - the new pornographers

Violets POV

"I'm sorry, you're probably busy," I couldn't stop crying. "No, what's wrong? Why are you crying? Where are you?" he asked. "I'm at this stupid restaurant. I don't know where I am. I haven't been to this part of town before. I see a McDonald's and Harold's Pizza across from me." I couldn't even catch my breath. I continued to cry when I knew for sure my dad wasn't going to come outside and apologize for being inconsiderate. "I'm on my way. Don't move." I heard him say.

I sat on the curb and breathed in and out, but it didn't help. Everyone. Everything. It sucked. Everything sucked. Forgetting everything sucked, everyone lying to me sucked. I couldn't even see as I sobbed, my mascara was for sure all over my face. I couldn't continue if my life was going to be this way forever. Everyone's lives are going on, as life does, except mine. I've never been a believer in good or bad karma until now. It's all bad.

I looked up from my hands when a pair of headlights blinded me. Michael hopped out of the car, rushing to me. "Violet, whats going on?" he sounded worried. I looked like a complete mess. I stood up to face him. There were a couple minutes of silence until I threw my arms around him, literally crying on his shoulder. We haven't been friends long enough for me to grow this close to him, but I can't help it. He doesn't seem to mind; I don't have anyone else anyway, I need him.

"I hate everyone. I hate my life." I sobbed. "You wanna go back to my house?" he asked, and I nodded, pulling away from him. He drove out of the parking lot before he began talking. "Now, what in the hell are you doing here, dressed like that?" "I know, I look pretty bad." I used the mirror wipe all the smudged makeup from my eyes. "You look pretty," Even though I was feeling down, I blushed at his words. I needed them. "Tell me what happened."

I did. I tried not to cry anymore as I retold the entire story. It shouldn't have been a big deal, but it was a lot for me. Nobody was giving me the full truth of anything, and I struggled with deciphering what was true and what wasn't.

"You can take me home if you want, I probably crashed your night." "I was literally sitting on the couch playing Xbox. That's it."

Michael's POV

I was kind of glad that she called me. Since last night, I missed her. When I saw her sitting on the curb it hurt me. I hated seeing her unhappy. "Here." I handed her a shirt and sweatpants. She walked towards the bathroom and I sat back down on the couch. She reentered the room, still in the dress. God, she looked so hot. She turned around in front of me, her fingers fidgeting with the zipper. I stood behind her, unzipping the dress. I couldn't wait for the day that she wanted me do this again, and I could put my arms around her waist and kiss her neck all while doing so. I refused to believe that the day wouldn't come. It would.

She came out of the bathroom, in my clothes, makeup free, looking more beautiful than ever. "I ordered pizza." I announced as she sat down beside me. "I wish that my dad would at least be pissed knowing that I'm spending the night with a guy. But he won't be. He'll give me some Trust Your Teenager bullshit speech, and that's it. It's abnormal. Where are your parents anyway?" "The third weekend of every month they go to visit my grandparents, they're getting old." I told her. "Why don't you go?" "They don't exactly approve of my choice of hair color and body art, much less my nicotine addiction." "At least you get disapproval. Because I was so terrible before everyone just accepts it. I hate it. Ugh." she ran her fingers through her hair.

"Pizza's here!" I shouted as I heard the doorbell. We both walked up the stairs. "There's money on the counter in the kitchen, could you get it?" I asked her, and she nodded.

Violet's POV

"I got the-" I stopped. Michael had the door open as the familiar pizza boy handed us the pizza. "You've got to be shitting me," I shook my head. I was almost satisfied with what I saw. I was still upset, and I didn't know if this made it better or worse. "Calum, what are you doing?" I asked. "I could ask you the same." "I'm hanging out with Michael. Looks like you're delivering a fucking pizza. I don't get it." "Shocker," he mumbled. There it was. They all did this. My "friends" got annoyed when I didn't understand. Fuck you, I'm the one with amnesia. " I got a my fourth speeding ticket and this is my punishment. Now why are you here at this loser's house?" "You better fucking watch it." Michael spoke, stepping closer to Calum. "Michael's my friend. My best friend. What's wrong with me hanging out with him?" "You're standing there with his fucking clothes on, clearly no ones home. You are who you are, but I didn't think you'd go this low." "You're a fucking idiot. I have the right mind to kick your ass right here." Michael tensed. I put my hand on his shoulder, "I'm not fucking him, you asshole. Fuck off." "You blew off Kate for this? And after all you've done to him and he still wants to-" "Here's your fucking money, now leave." Michael said, throwing the twenty at him, shutting the door.

I opened the door back up, just as he was leaving. "Stay here, please," I whispered to Michael.

Michael's POV

I listened to her through the door, trying to clearly hear what she was saying to him. Angry was an understatement for me. I should bust his pretty boy face for even assuming something like that. I couldn't though, Violet asked me to stay inside. I have to. "I don't know what the fuck you're doing, but it is not good. If I told people, this would ruin you." Calum's tone was sinister. "Says the rich kid delivering a pizza. It's not a secret that I'm hanging out with him. I suggest you watch what the fuck you say to me if you don't want people knowing about this, pizza boy." "Ashton would fucking murder him on the spot if he found out. Word gets out." He fired back. As if. I stood a good chance against either of them. "If you give Michael any kind of shit you will have hell to pay. Got that? He's been nothing but nice to me." I held my breath at her words. "Because he's some reject whose lucky enough to even be near you. He's wanted to fuck you since-" there was silence. I considered crossing boundaries and going out there. "Ow, what the fuck? If this leaves a bruise I swear-" "You'll what? Tell on me? You're lucky that's all that happened. I could've let Michael come out here and ruin your face, princess. Don't fucking talk shit about my friends." I heard her coming towards the door, so I moved out of the way.

"I need ice." She said quickly as she entered. "What the fuck did you do?" I asked. "I punched him. In the face. Kind of hard. Ow, oh my god." she giggled. "You shouldn't have went out there. I could've kicked his ass." I told her, and she nodded. "I needed to talk to him anyway. I didn't want you involved. It's fine now." It wasn't fine. Her hand was now throbbing red.

-

#miolet

story getting cray