3.5

west coast - lana del rey / solomun remix

Violet's POV

We walked hand in hand through the crowded house, bumping past people who were already drunk. "Clifford! Whose this?" A tattooed boy came up to us, his drink sloshing over the rim of the red cup. "Ty, this is Violet, my girlfriend." I figured by now my heart was going to beat out of my chest. Girlfriend. So, this is what I'd waited for. To hear the words come from his lips. I didn't want some big drawn out proposal, it wasn't our style. "You're a lucky dude." He said, before walking away. I turned to face Michael, "Girlfriend?" I tried to wipe the smirk off of my face. "Do you not want to be my girlfriend?" He asked, his face giving off panic. "Of course I do. Most guys usually ask, though." "Good. You are now." "This is where you're supposed to say 'I'm not most guys.' God." He pulled me close to him, pressing his lips against mine. "I'm going to get us some drinks. I'll be right back." "I'm going to go get Bea, I think she's outside." I told him as I turned away, slowly letting go of his hand as we went our separate ways.

I found Luke and Bea outside smoking with a couple of other people who I'd seen before. "Bea, he introduced me as his girlfriend." I bit my lip, trying to sound calm. "Good for you, you know? You need like, happiness." I sighed. They were going to be useless until their high wore away. "Violet, here," Luke said, passing me a joint. My doctor never said anything about weed in my last check up. My memory still hasn't come back, I didn't see the wrong in having a little fun. I inhaled the smoke, a small cough following my exhale. I remembered (funny, right?) the first time I had gotten high since the accident.

"Have you ever considered for like a second," I rolled my eyes at him immediately, "let me finish. Just a second, to try something your little uptight friends would disapprove of." I thought about it. "Obviously, I can't recall anything I have ever tried. Not a fair proposition. You know how they are about actually doing fun things," I sighed. I said this as if I actually spent so much time with them. "Even better. Think of anything. Something you've seen on a movie, read in a book, saw on MTV. Go wild." I couldn't remember doing anything fun, and my "friends" sure as hell weren't giving me any valuable teenage memories. "I don't remember ever getting high in the parking lot of a pizza place, then going inside to eat a shit ton of pizza." I smiled at the music video I still remember ogling at when I was ten, wanting desperately to be a teenager. "You got it." Michael started the car, and one of our many adventures as friends began.

By the time I saw Michael approaching us with two cups in his hand, I was high as a kite, immediately bursting into a fit of giggles. "Look at your hair," I couldn't stop laughing, the fresh bright green color amusing me. "So Beetlejuice, dude." I laughed. "You're so high," he said. "I know. I'm sorry. Whats that?" I pointed to the cup. "Just drink it." he handed it to me, and I took a giant gulp. "Oh my," He then began laughing.

"You look kinda hot when you do that." I said, my words were uncontrollable. "Kinda?" "No. Very. I think I'm going home with you tonight." I told him, continuing to drink whatever was in the cup. "Hear that Michael? You're getting it!" A boy said, his voice loud. "Shut up," He told him. I heard the music from the inside of the house, my face lighting up. "Oh my god, we have to go dance. This is my favorite song. Goodbye everyone, I'm taking my boyfriend to dance." I said, though I knew it wasn't my favorite at all. I pulled his hand, "Boyfriend. Michael Clifford is my boyfriend. Who would've thought," I rambled.

-

im sick ok cool filler srry miolet yas bye