4.4

Violets POV

"Bye guys," Michael said to Luke and Bea as they walked to Luke's car. "Where do you wanna go now?" He asked, taking my hand. "I don't care." I looked at him, and three words were desperately trying to slip out. I didn't know when was the right time to say it, so I didn't speak. "Let's go for a drive. It's too cold to walk."

"So, your birthday is coming up." I said as he tapped his fingers against the wheel. "I don't want anything. I'm really happy with everything right now." "What do you want to do? We have to do something." "I'm fine with eating a shit ton of cake. Ooh, I could eat it off you. That would be fun." "I'm too ticklish, it would be a mess." "It still sounds fun." "Of course it does," I laughed. We continued to drive around, singing along to the loud music.

The music grew quieter, and I found myself staring at him. I thought back to the first time we'd met, how his beauty intrigued me. I tried to think back to any moment before that, and it wasn't there. Everything before him was blank. "What are you looking at?" he glanced over at me. "Can I not look at you? You're a good looking guy," I ran my fingers through his hair. I assumed there wasn't a better moment than now. "Michael." "Hm?" he looked over at me. "I love you." The car stopped on the empty road, and he turned to me. "Vi," "You don't have to say-" I began, but he interrupted. "I have been in love with you as long as we've known each other." I couldn't speak, so he continued. "I've waited so long to finally say it. I love you, Violet. I really do. I've never loved anyone like I love you." "You're going all poet on me," I giggled, placing my hand on his cheek. "I love you." I kissed him, and although we were in the middle of the road and a car could come at any moment, we didn't care.

-

I laid beside him in my bed, breathlessly. "If your dad came home right now he'd kill me." "He's not coming home. It's almost twelve." We laid in silence for a few seconds, until my phone interrupted the peace. I reached beside the bed into my scattered clothes and grabbed it from my pocket. "What?" I growled into the phone. "I left my necklace on your bathroom sink. Me and Luke are coming to get it." Bea stated. "No. Not a good idea. I'll bring it to you tomorrow." "We're going to Ollie's party and I can't go without it. I feel empty already." "I will bring it to you then. Do not show up here," "Oh my god. Are you guys hooking up? Am I cock blocking? Luke! I'm cock blocking Violet!" "Again?" Luke said in the background, and I almost laughed. "Oh my god, no. God, no. You're too late. Anyway, no. No visitors." "Why don't you guys come to the party? You know what, we'll pick you up." "No. Bea, I'm going to kill you." "The party isn't gonna get going until like one, anyway. Pleeeease." "Hold on." I said, hanging up the phone. "What did she want?" Michael asked. I moved closer to him, laying my head on his chest. "She wants us to go to a party. She may or may not show up here for her necklace. With Luke." "Great," he laughed. "At least this time we're protected by two locked doors." "I really wanted to lay here the rest of the night." "We won't open the door for them." "Hey," I turned to him, raking my fingers through his messy hair. "I love you." I said. "I really love you." he replied.

"Fuck. If she keeps knocking and screaming like that one of the neighbors are going to call the cops." "I really didn't plan on putting clothes on." he sighed. "You have clean clothes in my top drawer," I said. This was the outcome of us staying at each other's houses so often. "Let's fucking kill her." he groaned.

-

eh