One Hundred & Sixty Seven

You're welcome

You're welcome

TRIGGER WARNINGS : violence and talks about abusive relationship

Virgil POV
"N-Now Wylan d-darling,"  Purred a loud voice from box seat where an emperor would have sat.  "Are y-you trying to t-teach the others light-lightening?"

I looked up in fear to see Corruption standing up in the emperors box. A cold dread and fear filled me.

"Go away," Wylan growled, tightening his hands on the strange sword in his grip.

"Y-You don't con-control me," Corruption hissed. "I con-control y-you."

"That's messed up," Wylan said. "I belong to no one."

Corruption eased smirk disappeared slowly. His face stretched into a frown. It pulled on the scars around his missing eye, making them stand out.

"Th-That's not allowed," He hissed. "You're m-mine."

"No I'm not," Wylan argued, but his voice was soft and filled with doubt.

"Ignore him," I whispered to him, stepping in front of Wylan. "Leave Wylan alone." I yelled up to Corruption.

Corruption's crown grew. Anger filled his eye as he glared down at me. I could see his hands tightening on the railings.

"Oh I d-don't th-think so," Corruption purred, a smirk coming back to his face. "Y-You see, I c-can't die."

"We'll find a way," I argued.

"H-How beautiful V-Virgil," Corruption grimaced. I did a double take upon realizing he didn't call me his Pet. "The ch-character development is just a-amazing."

"Shut the hell up," I growled.

"You a-are extremely w-weak," He said. "I can barely feel a spark in you. I'd like to see you try."

"I could," Wylan mumbled.

"Wylan d-darling, we b-both know you w-won't be doing that a-any t-time soon," Corruption said with an evil laugh.

"You won't win this," I tried to say.

"Oh b-but I've al-already won," He laughed, pointing towards the other end of the coliseum.

Everyone else was on the other side of the wall of black lightening. I could see them yelling and screaming but I couldn't hear them. They all also kept a good distance from the sparking wall.

"It w-works like a one w-way mirror, b-but ya know, w-with sound," Corruption explained. "They c-can hear us, b-but we d-don't h-have to listen to th-them. Though I'll t-take down th-the wall when I k-kill you t-two. So th-that I can h-hear th-their beautiful horror f-filled screams."

"You're a sadistic asshole," I hissed at him.

"I kn-know!" Corruption screeched with an absolutely insane laugh. "Th-thank you!"

"Go away,"  Wylan said, moving to stand next to me.

"Oh b-but everyone I n-need to win is r-right here,"  Corruption said.  "Why w-would I leave?"

Corruption slowly made his way down from the emperors box.  His cape trailed behind him, making him look powerful.  Shadows danced next to me. 

I looked up in confusion to see hundreds of humanoid parasites all around the edge of coliseum.  They were moving around frantically and letting out a chorus of strange growls. 

Wylan and I couldn't fight off all of those parasites.  Even if the wall did someone come down and Roman, Remus and Deceit could help us.  But then we'd also have to help protect all the others that couldn't defend themselves.

"I h-have more p-power th-than any of y-you can com-comprehend,"  Corruption laughed, finally stopping once his feet his the floor of the coliseum.

Wylan moves backwards in fear, grabbing my arm to pull me with him.  I stumbled a bit but quickly righted myself.  My hands started shaking as memories filled me and my anxiety level quickly rose.

"Stay away,"  Wylan said, pointing the sword at Corruption.  However, Corruption wasn't intimidated by it.  He even had the gull to laugh at us.

"That st-stupid sword c-can't d-do anything,"  He laughed.  "You w-won't be able t-to wield."

"I will if I have to,"  Wylan said, the strange look back on his face. 

"Yes, I t-totally believe th-that,"  Corruption snickered.  "You're t-too weak."

Wylan twitched a bit and I felt lightening run over our joined hands.  I tried to calm him down but Wylan wasn't having it.

"Stop,"  I whispered to him.  "Calm down.  Control yourself."

Wylan turned to me with a strange look in his eyes.  It was anger and fear and sadness and so much trauma all rolled into one look.  But underneath all of that was acceptance.  Lightning flashed over his entire body.

"I'm not going to let people keep getting hurt because of me,"  Wylan said, raising the sword to point it at Corruption.

"W-Wow, I'm s-so scared,"  Corruption sais with a blank face. 

"Don't do anything stupid,"  I hissed to Wylan, grabbing his arm.  But I jumped back as he shocked me. 

Wylan ignored me and moved towards Corruption.  But before Wylan could get any closer, Corruption threw a large bolt at Wylan.

The bolt hit Wylan right in the center of his chest.  Wylan let out a cut off scream and went flying backwards. 

He smacked sideways into the stone wall, his keys getting dislodged and falling to the ground.  Wylan fell to the ground with a loud thud and the crunch of metal. 

I turned quickly back to Corruption, fear rotting me in place.  But then anger filled me. And I snapped again.

"LISTEN HERE YOU GLITCHY WHORE ASS STUTTER FUCK!" I screamed, rage filing me. "Leave us all the fuck alone! You are a fucking horrible person! Why can't you just leave us alone?! We have done nothing to you!"

But Corruption didn't response to me at all. He just smiled at me with a sadistic grin and he waved a hand at me.  Before I could even register if, he had raised a hand to the sky.

I looked up right in time to see a huge black bolt streak down the sky towards me.  I barely got a scream out before the lightening slammed into me. 

For a split second I felt every part of my body frying.  From my nerves to my bones to my skin to the tips of my hair.  Pure blinding lightening completely destroying me. 

But it was gone in an instant.  Repeated with a feeling of darkness.  Numbness.  I felt nothing.