Twenty Six

Virgil POV
Me and Roman were sitting on the picnic blanket, back in our clothes.  Roman had used the powers of imagination to dry both of us instantly.  However, now the sun was starting to set and fireflies danced around. 

We were eating pizza and talking.  About pretty much everything. 

We hadn't opened the wine yet, Roman said it needs to be the right time before we can get drunk. 

Nothing bad happens to Thomas if the sides get drunk, he'll just get a headache.  But when Thomas gets drunk, which isn't very often, all hell breaks loose in the mindscape.

If Thomas just gets a little tipsy, than the rest of us do too.  But if Thomas actually gets drunk, it knocks both me and Logan out.  There goes logical thinking and all fears.  Than depending on the mood Thomas was in when he got drunk, Patton or Roman will take over, so to say.  If it's Patton, Thomas will get super emotional.  If it's Roman, Thomas gets super flirty or romantic. 

I wasn't the biggest fan of alcohol, but somethings it's nice because it numbs the anxiety part of me. 

"So..."  Said Roman, snapping me out of my thoughts.  "How did you like everything about the date so far?" 

"It's been amazing."  I told him.  "Maybe not getting chucked into the lake, but it's been super fun."  Roman chuckled when I said that.

"What if I have a way to make it even more special?" He asked. I looked over at him.

"I don't think tonight can get any more special." I said while smiling. Roman turned and grabbed a record that was leaning against the old phonograph. He smiled and handed it to me.

"Fall for you by Secondhand Serenade." I mumbled, reading the label on the record. I didn't recognize the song but it was definitely some sappy romance song.  "Really princey?"

Roman grabbed it out of my hand and put it on the phonograph. He stood up and held his hand out to me.

"May I have his dance?" He asked, bowing and holding a hand out to me. He raised his head slightly, a smirk on his face. 

I grabbed his hand.  He pulled me upwards.  He placed my hands around his neck and laid his hands on my waist.  Slowly, the music started up and before long we were slow dancing along to it. 

"The best thing 'bout tonight's that we're not fighting
Could it be that we have been this way before?
I know you don't think that I am trying
I know you're wearing thin down to the core

But hold your breath
Because tonight will be the night
That I will fall for you over again
Don't make me change my mind
Or I won't live to see another day
I swear it's true
Because a girl like you is impossible to find
You're impossible to find

This is not what I intended
I always swore to you I'd never fall apart
You always thought that I was stronger
I may have failed, but I have loved you from the start

Oh, but hold your breath
Because tonight will be the night
That I will fall for you over again
Don't make me change my mind
Or I won't live to see another day
I swear it's true
Because a girl like you is impossible to find
It's impossible

So breathe in so deep
Breathe me in, I'm yours to keep
And hold on to your words cause talk is cheap
And remember me tonight when you're asleep

Because tonight will be the night
That I will fall for you over again
Don't make me change my mind
Or I won't live to see another day
I swear it's true
Because a girl like you is impossible to find
Tonight will be the night
That I will fall for you over again
Don't make me change my mind
Or I won't live to see another day
I swear it's true
Because a girl like you is impossible to find
You're impossible to find..."