Twenty Eight

Virgil POV
"No!"  I screamed, my blooded hand reaching out as the blade flew at Roman.  Roman ducked just in time.  The blade hit the wall forcibly right behind Roman's head, stuck in the wall now. 

Roman's eyes were huge and filled with fear.  Patton was shaking horribly, clinging onto Logan's arm.  Logan looked both furious and terrified at the same time.  He stood in front of Patton, glaring at Deceit. 

"Til tok Virgil."  Hissed Deceit.  "Time's running out."  I reached out with my hand, blood dripping down my fingers from the cuts.  I ran my fingers gently over the pile of blades. 

"Virgil no."  I heard Roman beg.  "Don't do this.  Don't listen to Deceit.  He's lying to you." 

"No Roman."  Said Deceit.  "Your the one lying to him.  Making him think you actually love him." 

"I do!"  Yelled Roman.  "We all love you Virgil.  Please don't do this." 

"Virgil kiddo please."  Begged Patton.  "Don't give into this.  Don't hurt yourself."  His voice cracked as a few tears fell down his face. 

I tried to ignore them.  I'd rather hurt myself that let them get hurt.  I grabbed one of the razors and held my wrist out again. 

"I'm not letting you guys get hurt because of me."  I hissed out and quickly ran the blade over my wrist. 

"Virgil please."  Now Roman was crying too.  "Don't hurt yourself." 

"This isn't logical Virgil."  Said Logan.  "Stop and think.  You don't have to do this." 

"Don't do this Virgil."  Patton begged, crying heavily now. 

"No..."  I mumbled.  I went to cut myself again.

"ENOUGH!"  Yelled Deceit.  He snapped and all the blade disappeared.  All four of us flinched.  "I can't do this anymore."  He mumbled. 

He knelt next to me and put his hand on my shoulder.  I looked up at him to see tears in his eyes. 

"I'm...sorry."  He mumbled.  I was taken aback when he said that. 

"What?"  I asked in surprise. 

"He's coming for your Virgil."  He told me. 

"What?"  I said again. 

"It's him."  He whispered.  Slowly, I understood who he meant. 

"He's making you do this."  I mumbled.  He nodded his head.  I could feel the blood drain from my face.  Corruption...he's finally come for me.

"He's going to turn you back Virgil."  He confessed.  "And kill you..." 

My heartbeat sped up as those words sunk in. Corruption. 

He's finally come for me.  And he's been using Deceit to turn me back.  Suddenly everything started to click together. 

"What are you telling him."  Growled Roman, interrupting our conversation.  Deceit stood back up. 

"The four of you need to leave.  Get out here right now."  He told us. 

"What?"  Said Roman, obviously surprised by Deceits sudden change in demeanor. 

"N-Now what the h-hell do you t-think your doing D-Deceit."  Stuttered a voice from the window where Patton usually stand. 

Both me and Deceit flinched heavily.  I raised my head to see someone who scared me horribly.  The person I feared the most. 

"I can't hurt him anymore."  Said Deceit slowly.  Corruptions face hardened.  He snapped his fingers and a small figure appeared at his feet.