Nineteen

Virgil POV
"Deceit is in my mind." I said.

"That's not humanly possible." Said Logan.

"His voice is in my mind." I rephrased it. "He gets in my mind and tells me things. Bad things. And that makes me...hurt myself."

"Virgil why didn't you tell us?" Asked Patton.

"Deceit will hurt me if I tell."  I muttered. 

"How do you know that?"  Roman asked.  "If his voice just existed in your mind."

"On rare occasion, Deceit breaks into the mindscape and hurts me...physically."  I said slowly. "But I take it because he tells me that if I don't take it he'll hurt you three."

"You should've told us." Said Roman. "We could've helped you. Protected you."

"You guys don't understand what he's capable of." I said, getting slightly angry.

"We still could've done something." Argued Roman.

"No you couldn't." I argued back.

"Guys stop arguing." Said Patton sternly. He put his hand on my shoulder and gave me a soft smile. "Finish the story Virgil."

"When I get bad. Wether it's a panic attack or just something bad happened and it was my fault. Deceit uses that against me. And sometimes it gets bad that I resort to bad things."

Like when you..." Started Patton but he trailed off.

"Yeah when I tried to kill myself." I hissed out. "And that was it. Deceit found out what broke me. And now he's doing everything he can to get rid of me."

"Why?" Asked Logan. I froze, knowing I couldn't tell them about me and Deceits past. About me being depression...a dark side.

"Virgil?" Said Patton. I jumped.

"I don't know." I said quickly. They looked like they didn't believe me.

"Are you sure?" Asked Logan.

"I don't know!" I growled at them. Patton flinched. "I'm sorry." I whispered. "I didn't mean for you guys to get hurt."

With that I stood up. I walked away and back to my room. I shut the door and pressed my back against it.

I can't believe I told them what Deceits been doing to me.

"I can't believe it either Virgil." Hissed a sinister voice. I flinched and looked up. "You've made a big mistake."

"I'm sorry." I whispered , feeling tears in my eyes.

"I think you need to be taught a lesson." Deceit said angrily. I flinched. With that Deceit disappeared and the voice returned in my head.

Do it Virgil

You know what you have to do

Get rid of me

Everyone's disappointed in you now

You failed at protecting them

I felt tears fall down my cheeks. Before I knew it, I was sobbing. I slid down the door and buried my face in my hands.

I looked up to see a fresh razor in front of me.

Your welcome for the little present

(TRIGGER WARNING)

I grabbed the razor and held it up. I pulled my sleeves up and looked at the all the scars and cuts.

I quickly stood up and walked into my bathroom. I sat down next to the sink and held the blade over my wrist.