Thirty

Virgil POV
The world formed around the eight of us again.  And no we were standing in imagination.  I looked around at the startling brightness of the field around us. 

Corruption was standing on a large rock, looking down at us.  I stood up and walked over to Roman.  I hugged him tightly, burying my face in his chest.  Roman wrapped one arm protectively around me and kept his sword ready in the other. 

Remy picked Picani up and than pulled Picani into a protective embrace while glaring at Corruption.  Logan helped Patton to his feet, which led to Patton literally clinging onto Logan's arm.  Deceit and Doubt were still unconscious. 

"I t-think it's time V-Virgil."  Said Corruption, holding his hand out to me.  "C-come here so we can f-free the o-others." 

"No."  I muttered, still finding it difficult to talk.  Once I talked, another wave of pain went through my skull.  I whimpered and my legs staring giving out on me.  Roman moved his arm to around my waist, trying to keep me from collapsing. 

"I s-said, come h-here."  Corruption hissed.  He snapped his fingers and I went flying out of Roman's arm.  I slammed into the rock. 

I groaned as the world spun around me.  I collapsed, feeling extremely sick to my stomach.  My head was throbbing. 

I felt my body slowly floating upwards.  I opened my eyes, to see I was floating a good five feet off the ground.  I was about a food from Corruption. 

In his hand a a jagged black lighting bolt.  Fear started rising in me.  I can't let them get free.  The bolt would turn me back to Depression.  I can't let that happen. 

Before I could struggle or say anything, Corruption jammed the bolt right into my heart. 

I screamed and convulsed around the bolt.  It was shocking me horribly.  I screamed out, feeling hot tears falling down my cheeks.   The pain was unbearable.  I slowly felt myself changing back into Depression.

Slowly, all the fear drained out of me to be replaced with a horrible, depressed feeling. 

Roman POV
I felt my heart breaking for Virgil when Corruption stabbed the bolt of black lighting into Virgil's chest. 

"No."  I whimpered.  Virgil was screaming out in pain and his body was shaking horribly.  Than as suddenly as it started, it stopped.

The bolt seemed to seep into Virgil's chest.  And than he started fell back to the ground. 

"Virgil?"  I asked cautiously.  He glowed brightly for a second and than he was back in his original outfit.  The black hoodie...no more purple. 

"W-welcome back Depression."  Said Corruption calmly.  Slowly, Virgil pushed himself upwards.  Corruption smiled down nicely at Virgil. 

Virgil stood up, seeming to not be in any pain anymore.  Than he turned towards the rest of us.  I flinched and took a step back. 

His eyes were pitch black.  No brown or white.  Just black pools.  His eyeshadow was streaked down his face like he was crying.  He seemed even paler. 

He raised on of his arms and pulled down the sleeves.  Every single cut and scar was visible.  Some were still relentlessly bleeding.  He quickly put the sleeve back down. 

"W-will you free the d-dark side's now?"  Asked Corruption. 

"Yes."  Said Virgil, his voice sounded...demonic almost.  (How his voice sounded in the Moving On videos when he started to get anxious)