Eighty Five

TRIGGER WARNING : lots of swearing thanks to trashy rat boi

Remus POV
My hands were shaking with anger as I finished reading the note. I felt tears in my eyes but I quickly blinked them away.

"Remus," Said Patton. "What does it say?"

Without answering, I threw the note back on the coffee table and bolted. I ran out the door, everyone shouting at me, asking what the note was.

I ignored them. My only thoughts at the moment where; find Evan. Find Evan. Find Evan. Find Evan.

I ran towards the Trait Complex. I could hear people following me, but I didn't care. I only care about making sure Corruption doesn't get Evan.

I bolted through the streets, looking for the white door with the floral wreath on it.  If he isn't there, I'm going to loose my god damn mind. 

I reached the door and immediately started banging on the door with my fist.  I noticed that everyone had followed me from the Sides House here. 

"EVAN!"  I screamed, continuing to bang on the door.  "ANSWER THE DOOR!  EVAN, PLEASE!" 

No answer. 

"EVAN ANSWER ME!"  I screamed, resting my head against the door.  "No, no, no, no.  Not Evan...not Evan too."

"Remus, who's Evan?" Asked Logan.

"Is he who Corruption was talking about in his letter?" Asked Patton.

"He's..." I mumbled, unable to finish. I turned and leaned against the door, looking at everyone.

"He's Innocence, a Trait, right?" Asked Quinn.

"Yeah," I sighed. "He told me you two were friends." 

"Isn't that Evan?"  Roman asked, point down the street. 

Relief flooded through me when I saw Evan turn onto the street.  He was walking quickly. 

"Evan,"  I breathed out in relief.  But that relief was quickly shot away when Anger, Jealously, and Hatred quickly following him. 

That explains why he was walking quickly.  Anger filled me as they kept yelling insults at him and trying to touch his ass.  I noticed how Quinn tensed up, obviously recognizing the traits.

"I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU FUCKERS TO STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM HIM!" I screamed at the three traits, making everyone jump.

"Scram!" Yelled Anger, bolting. Jealousy and Hatred following closely after.

I quickly ran over to Evan, pulling him into a tight hug. He laughed gently and returned the hug.

"Thanks." He mumbled, barely louder than a whisper. He pulled away and looked up at me in confusion.

"What are you doing back here? Are you okay?" He asked gently.

"Sorry, we just got a letter from Corruption. He was threatening you. I freaked out and ran here and you weren't here." I rambled.

"Well, I'm okay." Evan told me with a soft smile.

"Can someone please explain who this is?" Asked Logan, obviously confused.

"Oh sorry," Evan said cheerfully. "I'm Innocence. But my name is Evan."

"Oh my goodness!" Squealed Patton. "You're so tiny!"

"Oh, um, thanks?" Evan mumbled, laughing awkwardly.

"You're my child now." Patton whispered with wide eyes.

"What?" Evan said in confusion, looking over at me. I just shrugged, the rest of us were used to how Patton would basically adopt anyone smaller than himself.

"You're my soft, innocent son." Patton said, running over and hugging Evan.

"Oh, okay." Evan said, laughing, giving into Patton.

"How do I still have an Innocence?" Asked Thomas.

"Well, that's kind of why I'm so small." Evan mumbled, instantly downfallen.

"You do not have to talk about it if you don't want to." I told him gently, intertwining our fingers where no one else could see.

Evan smiled up at me gently and squeezed my hand in a comforting manor.

"It's okay," Evan said. "When you lost your innocence, Thomas, I was stripped of that part of myself. Much like how Roman and Remus split, except it just left me. That's why I'm so small. While that part of yourself still effecting me in certain ways, I would rather not talk about that. Nowadays I represent more of a child-like innocence or wonder."

"Oh shit, I'm so sorry Evan." Thomas said.

"Language." Patton said sternly.

"What does that mean?" Asked Evan, earning him strange glances.

"Ya don't know what shit means?" Asked Remy in shock. Evan shook his head 'no'. Remy burst out laughing. I glared at him, making him shut up.

"Remember me Evan?" Asked Quinn timidly.

"Doubt!" Evan said happily.

"It's Quinn now." He told him.

"Oh my goodness! You figured out your name! I'm so happy for you." Evan told him happily. Quinn just smiled.

"How about all of you guys come inside,"  Evan told us, moving to unlock the door.  "Sorry to worry all of you.  I didn't expect Corruption to come after a nobody like me." 

"It's of no worries,"  Emile told him.  "Better safe then sorry." 

Evan pushed the door open, inviting us all in.  I followed behind him quickly, making sure Corruption wasn't waiting for us in his house. 

And of course, there he was.  Sitting in the dark, as if waiting for us.  He smiled evilly at us. 

"Oh come on!"  Yelled Remy.  "Waiting around in the dark is just fucking creepy dude!" 

I quickly shoved Evan behind me.  I swear to all things pickled poo deodorant, that I will not let Corruption take Evan. 

"Oh I c-can j-just tell by th-the looks o-on all y-your faces,"  Purred Corruption.  "Th-That you d-don't want m-me here." 

"Leave Corruption."  I told him.  "There's no way in hell you're taking Evan." 

"Evan?"  Asked Corruption, seemingly surprised.  "Oh, y-you m-mean Innocence.  So th-that's his r-real name." 

I mentally cursed myself.  I shouldn't have said Evan's name. 

"Any-Anyways,"  Corruption said, standing up.  "I b-believe y-you owe m-me something Re-Remus.  As th-they all s-say, an eye f-for an eye." 

A/N
I'm so fucking sorry that tonight's update is so shit.  That's it's short and barely anything interesting.  I'm so so so sorry.

I wasn't even sure I was going to update tonight.  I've been having a freaking mental breakdown  over school.  And I couldn't write, but I saw a comment. 

And I know this sounds stupid and shit but I get so fucking worked up over the smallest things sometimes and my anxiety just went off the goddamn charts.

I'm sorry for cussing so much, I just can't keep going on and this is all to fucking much I'm sorry I can't stop

And this happened when I stopped writing and checked my notifications before bed.  And I saw a comment about you guys waiting for me and if you had to wait too long, you'd leave.  And I freaked the fuck out, I'm sorry. 

But I made myself write.  So you guys wouldn't be disappointed or anything.  So I made myself write another shit chapter.  I barely did any editing for this chapter, so sorry for any errors

Im sorry I'm so fucking sorry I'll go now I'll stop Sorry to bother with my problems I'll shut up now