Forty

Logan POV

"THATS IT!" I screamed, jumping upwards out of my chair. "EUREKA!"

I grabbed the papers off my desk and ran for the door. I'm not stupid after all! I figured it out! I finally fucking figured out how to free Virgil.

I ripped open my door, causing it to slam against the wall. I made a beeline for the living room screaming for the others.

"PATTON! ROMAN! DECEIT!" I screamed, running down the stairs. "COME TO THE LIVING ROOM RIGHT NOW! I FIGURED IT OUT! I FIGURED OUT HOW TO FREE VIRGIL!"

I was ecstatic at this point. Patton was in the kitchen. He looked at me with a confused face, but I could see the hope in his eyes.

I picked Patton up by the waist and spun him around. When I set him down, I gave him a huge kiss. Trying to make up for over a month of secluding myself in my room.

"I figured it out! I'm not stupid!" I told him, hugging him tightly. Patton smiled and hugged me back.

"I'm so proud of you Logie." Patton told me.

There was pounding on the stairs case and suddenly Roman burst into the kitchen. He was smiling, gasping for breath. He most likely came running down here when he heard me.

"Did you...?" He asked softly, obviously in shock.

"Yes. I figured out how to free Virgil."

Roman let out a strangled gasp and covered his mouth with his hand. Tears were welling up in his eyes, but they were happy tears. Tears of relief.

"What do we have to do?" Came Deceit's voice. He was standing behind Roman, a look of hope and determination on his face.

I pulled away from Patton and scrambled to set all the papers on the counter. Everyone crowded around me looking at the papers.

"One of us has to go in there after him." I said. Deceit started shaking, obviously going through some sort of PTSD. "It will most likely have be Deceit considering that no one else here knows their way around the Pit."

"No no no." Whispered Deceit, putting his face in his hands. "I can't go back there." He was shaking heavily.

"Hey it's okay." Patton said softly, rubbing his back.

"You won't be alone in there, you will be able to talk to us and hear us." I told him.

"How will we get him in and back out with Virgil?" Asked Roman.

"We need to find Virgil's spell book, and open the portal back up." I explained. "I have researched and finally figured out the spell Virgil used to free Remus and Ignorance. However, sine I was not the one that initially put them in the Pit, someone will have to go in there and save Virgil."

"What about Remus and Ignorance?"  Asked Patton. 

"They won't be able to be freed.  The spell will only allow Deceit to get and in and get out with Virgil in under one minute."  I explained. 

"Okay, when can we do this?" Asked Patton.

"Whenever. We can do it right now if we so desire." I answered.

"We have to right now!" Roman said, jumping into action.

"Are you up for this Deceit?" Patton asked.

"I caused this, I have to fix it." He mumbled, standing up straight.

"Let's go." I said, already heading to the front door.