One Hundred and Sixty Three

This story was never meant to be happy.

Corruption didn't have to survive to win in the end. He still completed his goal.

The moral of this story is...

The Angst Queen is all powerful

Stop challenging me

You'll regret it

that was fun...for me at least to watch all those comments

that chapter has been in the works for a while now and I'm happy to see that it was as destructive as I had hoped

I'm so proud of myself

But please stop challenging me

It's too much work

Maybe if I die I can finally rest and heal

Sorry

TRIGGER WARNING : death

Roman's POV
And I woke up.

I jolted upwards, screaming.  Pure panic jolted through my body.  My eyes snapped open and I quickly scrambled backwards until my back was pressed again the headboard.

Virgil jolted awake, his eyes widening in shock.  He rolled over to face me, mumbling 'what the fuck' to himself.

I just sobbed.  I couldn't even process such a horrid, vivid nightmare.  My hands pressed against my face, clawing into my hair.

"Roman," Virgil mumbled, quickly pulling himself upwards. "Ro, what's wrong?"

But I couldn't do anything but cry. Those horrible images of how everyone died. How I...killed myself. What happened to Thomas.

"Hey, look at me Roman,"  Virgil said sternly, trying to gently pull my hands from my face.  To prevent me from clawing myself.

I grabbed Virgil tightly and pulled him to my chest.  I just sobbed, burying my face in Virgil's hair.  Holding as tightly to him as possible. 

"Roman it's okay, you obviously just had a nightmare,"  Virgil said gently.  "Try to calm down or you'll give yourself a panic attack."

"Can't."  I chocked out, now sobbing into his shoulder.

Virgil, surprisingly, managed to turn us over.  I was not sobbing into his chest.  Virgil started humming softly, a tuneless melody of no real song.  Just something to focus on.

Then he started gently rubbing his hands through my hair.  I slowly started to calm down, my sobbing reduces to hiccups and a steady stream of tears. 

But a soft knock on the door made me scream again and grab start my sobbing again.  Patton entered the room, an extremely worried look on his face.  Logan followed behind quickly.

"Kiddos what's wrong?"  Patton asked gently, sitting down at the foot of the bed.

"I don't know," Virgil mumbled. "Roman just woke up screaming and now he won't stop crying."

"It might have been a nightmare," Logan said. "Wylan?" He turned towards the door.

"He's not here," Wylan's voice grumbled from the darkness. "Can I go back to sleep now?"

"Just stay with us a little longer kiddo," Patton said, beckoning Wylan into the room. Wylan walked in, followed by a tired looking Quinn and an annoyed looking Deceit."