Eleven

Roman POV
Anxiety shuffled in his bed a bit.  His hands twitched a little and he let out a sigh before returning to stillness.

"I'm hoping that's a good sign."  I said to Logan. 

"A very positive sign that is for sure."  Agreed Logan. 

"What do we do now?"

"Well, we wait."  Said Logan, thinking for a second.  "I'm going to take the box back to the Pit of Forgotten Memories.  You can stay here if you want but I think you need your rest." 

I nodded a bit, rubbing my hand.  It still hurt from that...parasite thing.  I can't believe Virgil would let that thing destroy him. 

"Okay, I'm going to stay here for a bit incase he wakes up or starts moving again."  I told Logan. 

"Seems like a wise decision."  Said Logan.  "Well, I'll be on my way now."  Logan picked up the box and walked out of the room, shutting the door behind him. 

I looked over at Virgil.  He looked so peaceful sleeping there.  If only it was under better circumstance. 

God, what am I thinking.  I should not be thinking about Virgil in this way.  He's my friend, just my friend.  Like Logan and Patton, we're all just best friends. 

I shook my head, trying to clear my brain of such thoughts.  Despite knowing it was wrong, I sat down on the edge of the bed next to Virgil. 

Why did I have to screw up like this.  I shouldn't have agreed with Logan about the pills.  I should have stopped poking fun at him all the time. 

I reached over and pushed his bangs off his face.  My fingers gently brushed against his cheek. 

I leaned my head down until my face was only an inch or so from Virgil's.  He was beautiful.  A sleeping beauty.  I could kiss him.

I jerked quickly back up.  No!  I can not be thinking like this.  This is not the time to get all mushy and romantic.  Virgil needs my help. 

Shocking me out of my thoughts, Virgil moved again.  His head jerked a little, along with a few fingers. 

I reached to hold his hand, but I only let our fingers graze each other's.  I looked at the bandages on his wrist, blood already starting to seep through a few cracks. 

He looked so small and helpless here.  I wanted to protect him from everything bad in the world and keep him safe. 

I grabbed his hand tightly but sighed.  How can I protect him from his own mind.

Logan POV
Still, despite rarely feeling emotions, what happened to Virgil was really putting me on edge.

I clutched the box tightly, every now and then feeling the parasite moving within it. I sighed wondering what kind of mental breakdown Virgil must have had to have resorted to something like this.

A part of me wondered if he even knew it would do this to him. Or if he just knew it'd kill him and that was enough. Or how he got ahold of it in the first place.

Once I reached one of the far corner of Thomas's mind, I came across a large black door with intricate carvings in silver across it.

I pulled open the door and stepped onto the little ledge overlooking the Pit of Forgotten Memories.

It was long dark tunnel that led down into Thomas's mind. At the bottom I could see a faint glimmer of water as more of the parasites swam in it.

The stone that made up the tunnel was black and pulsing with energy. Just being in this room long enough would drive any side insane.

I looked down into the pit and than hoisted the box over the railing. I dropped it and waited to hear the sound of impact with the water.

Once I did hear the splash, I left quickly.

I headed down the hall towards the one thing that gave me true emotions. Patton.

I reached his door, and knocked. I heard shuffling from within his room before a teary eyed Patton answered the door.

"Hello Patton." I said. "How are you feeling considering the circumstances."

"Not good." Mumbled Patton. He opened the door farther to let me into the room. Patton shut the door behind me.

"Don't blame yourself." I told him, being able to sense the amount of guilt radiating off of him.

"I should've been more caring of his feelings." Patton whispered. "I should've noticed and been there for him."

"None of us could've known that Virgil was in that type of mental state so badly."

"I just wish it didn't happen." Said Patton.

"We all do." I agreed. "But things are different now."

"I just want Virgil to be happy." 

"We all do." 

Patton started crying again.  I walked over to him and hugged him tightly.  Patton melted into my touch instantly, before lifting his head to give me a quick kiss. 

I kissed him back slowly, before reluctantly pulling away.  I pressed my forehead against his. 

"It's going to be okay."  I told him. 

We've been secretly dating for a few months now.  What started as a few stray compliments, led to lots of cuddling and hugging, which eventually led to full make out sessions. 

Of course we didn't tell Roman or Virgil though.  We're all best friends, it'd change so much if two of the four of us started dating. 

Besides there's no way Princey and Virgil would like each other. 

"I love you."  Whispered Patton.

"I love you too."  I told him. 

"I know."  He told me.  He leaned his head on my chest before pulling us over to his bed.  We cuddled up quickly, just taking comfort in each other's presence.

Patton POV
As much as I love curling up with my boyfriend Logan, I wish it could have been under better circumstance.  Me sobbing my eyes out while Logan does his best to help, while Virgil lays in his room possibly dying really doesn't make it a loving moment.

"He's not gonna die right?"  I whispered to Logan for probably the hundredth time. 

"I don't believe so." 

"I'm scared for him." 

"I am too."  Agreed Logan.  "I feel responsibility for Virgil's action." 

"You shouldn't."  I told him, pushing myself upwards to look at him. 

"I promised Thomas the pills wouldn't hurt Virgil."  He said quietly.  "I was wrong." 

"We all make mistakes."  I told him.  "You didn't mean for this to happen." 

"I still shouldn't have even thought that it would be okay."  He said.  "I'm logic.  I should have been able to figure out what would happen." 

"Shush."  I told him.  "That is a falsehood."  Logan laughed gently at that. 

"Dad joke?" He whispered with a smile. 

"Kinda."  I said.  I laid back down and pulled Logan's head onto my chest.  I ran my fingers through his hair, a tactic I knew calmed him down.  That and kissing.

I felt as Logan's breathing deepened signaling he had fallen asleep.  I'm glad he's asleep.  It took a lot for him to remain strong throughout all of that and to save Virgil on top of it all.

I wiped tears off my cheeks and leaned my head back.  I closed my eyes and wished for better times. 

Where Virgil didn't hurt himself and wasn't dying.  Where me and Logan could openly be together.  It wasn't like being gay wasn't allowed, I mean, we're all gay.  But we just don't know how everyone would react. 

I sighed, and fell asleep.