Thirty Two

Roman POV
I dropped the crown, shocked at what my mind was telling me. I am not Remus. I'm not him. I will not be giving into all those horrible and nasty thoughts. Remus is going to have to destroy me himself if he wants full creative control.

I shook my head and kicked he crown away from me.

"What do you think your doing?" Asked the voice. "Does the horrible Prince Roman think he can defeat me."

"I've defeated dragonwitches that are worse than you." I told the voice. "You stand no chance against me foul creature!" I drew my sword, looking for the source of the voice.

In front of me, a red smoke cloud materialized. It had a horrifying face that smiled down at me.

"Who are you?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at it.

"Your insecurities...your fears...everything you hate about yourself." Hissed the creature.

"I will not be listening to you." I growled at it. "You don't control me."

"Yes you will." The creature hissed before floating closer to me.

"No." I said, pointing my sword at it. "You have no control over me." With that, I slashed my sword through the create.

It disappeared without a sound. I dropped my sword, quite surprised that it had worked.

Good. It's good it worked. I need to find Virgil now.

Logan POV
I shut my eyes and took deep breaths. I tried to think about this rationally, while blocking out the voices of the other three.

None. Of. This. Is. Real.

I opened my eyes again and glared at the imitations of my friends and my boyfriend.

"None of you are real." I told them, standing up to my full height. I pushed them out of my way and walked towards the other side of the clearing.

"What are you doing?!" Screeched the voice.

"You are nothing more than a figment of my mind." I said, stopping. I turned around and looked at the imitations as they formed together into a blue cloud of smoke.

"Listen to me." The creature growled.

I crossed my arms in front of my chest and glared at it. I could tell it was only a mere physical manifestation of my insecurities.

"You don't have any power over me." I told it while turning and walking away.

I need to find Patton. I have to protect him from this. I can only guess that the others are dealing with similar manifestations of their own fears and insecurities. Patton, being a very emotional side, would most likely be more vulnerable towards these kinds of things.

I turned down another path, seeing another large opening in the hedge wall. I headed towards it, hoping that Patton was there.

I turned into the clearing, only to be pushed back by a strong wind. I looked back up, fixing my glasses, to see Virgil.

He was curled in on himself, sitting in the middle of the clearing. Around him was strong winds, filled with black and purples wisps of energy.

I put of my hands on the hedge wall and braces my feet against the ground. Voices were screaming horrible, horrible things at him.

"Virgil!" I yelled to him. He didn't hear me, or if he did, he wasn't reacting. "Virgil!" I yelled again.

He curled up tighter and put his hands over his ears. I need to help him somehow. I took a step into the gust of wind, only to be knocked backwards and onto my back.