Forty Nine

Deceit POV

"Virgil...it's Dee." I said while knocking on the door. "Please open the door."

I could hear crying, but otherwise I got no response. I knocked again, louder this time.

"Virgil please, I just want to talk." I said. Still no response. "Alright, I'm coming in." I told him while slowly opening the door.

"Wait no!" Virgil yelled, but it was too late. I froze, seeing all the blood running down his arm. Too much blood.

"It's not what it looks like!" He said, scrambling to cover up his arm. The blade clattered against the floor, making him freeze.

Anger and sadness welled up inside me. Seeing all those fresh cuts on his wrist. Seeing the scars...knowing those scars were my fault.

Faintly I heard laughter. Familiar laughter at that. I looked around the room, peering deeply into the shadows. Something felt...wrong.

There was an electric charge in the air that I was all too familiar with. I'm not taking any chances of Corruption being back. I walked over to Virgil and grabbed his uncut arm. He needs help.

At this point, I don't care that it's wrong to do this.  If there is even the slightest chance that Corruption is here, Virgil can not be left alone in this type of mental state .

I yanked him upwards and pulled him with me out of his room. He whimpered a bit in pain, the sudden movement most likely aggravating his chest.  He started struggling, trying to get me to let go.

"Dee please! Stop! Don't!" He begged. I could tell he was crying but I was beyond caring. I was angry he was hurting him. I was also sad he was hurting himself. But fear of Corruption possibly being back overrides those feelings.

Virgil can't be alone right now. He needs serious help. He can't keep cutting.

I pulled Virgil down the stairs with me. He was struggling the entire time, begging me to let him go.

Everyone look up in confusion has I entered the living room, pulling Virgil behind me. I threw him onto the couch and walked back over to Quinn.

There wasn't much he could do to cover his blood covered, cut up arm. It was pretty damn obvious.

Roman and Patton looked close to tears. Virgil just stared at his arm, shaking horribly. Logan sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose. Quinn looked at the ground awkwardly.

"Care to explain Virgil?" I asked, not bothering to keep the anger out of my voice.

"No..." He mumbled. Patton sat down next to Virgil and pulled him into a tight hug. Patton had tears rushing down his face but he was trying to stay calm.

"It's okay Virgil..." Patton said softly, rubbing Virgil's back. "Your okay. No one's mad at you. No one can blame you for being upset. You can't control what does and doesn't trigger you. Don't blame yourself for it. We all love you so much. Please don't do this again."

Virgil looked like he wanted to say something but he flinched and than returned to staring at his arm. He did however, cuddle up against Patton like he was a lifeline. 

Logan left the room. He returned shortly with a first aid kit. He sat down on the ottoman across from Virgil.

"Give me your arm Virgil," He said softly. "The cuts need to be cleaned and bandaged. Based on the amount of excessive bleeding, they are deep cuts. If not treated, they'll get infected."