Task One: To Make An Impression

The room is mostly dark and silent.

A neon blue glow from under the large table, seems to be the only thing lighting up this cold room. The structure of the place itself is sharp and geometrical, hosting the recurring theme of hexagons and the Oppidium's trade mark of butterfly wings.

Like in every layout, of every Gamemakers theatre known in this century, there are rails and a platform surrounding an inner circle. Within that circle lies a faintly glowing map of the arena, not yet fully loaded, and around the walls are large screens showing various different footage of each District, easily noted by its particular weather conditions. Yet currently, last month saw the first year of the 'Four Decade Winter', so despite the sun being full on display in the distance of Districts One, Two and Three, it isn't as strong as it should be... and already, a few hours before noon, it has started to plummet.

"Look at them Verde." Anastassia's harsh and unimpressed voice matches the metallic beauty of the room. The large televisions showing the live Reaping footage illuminate her features. She sits in one of the chairs that surrounds the map of the arena. A place where the 'Worker-Gamemakers' would usually sit. Twirling in her chair so slightly that its almost ghostly, she watches as a young man from District Seven takes his place on the stage. She then frowns slightly when a twelve year old girl from District Three, volunteers. She blinks once. "Do any of these look like Victors to you?

The teal-haired Gamemaker moves his eyes away from his boss, his matriarch and his leader, and onto the large flashing screens. A high above image, one of the larger ones, shows a District harshly affected by a blizzard. On first look, it appears to be a stunning and glamorous affair. Yet the stone, sharp faces of the crowd show otherwise. A glimpse from the camera shows that the tributes from this District are yet again, unreasonably attractive and Verde lightly giggles to himself.

Anastassia, far from amused, slowly turns her head and raises her eyebrows.
Verde coughs a little to clear his throat. "No, Ana." He says while straightening out his tie and throwing a metallic clipboard between his torso and his arm. "Because they're not Victors. They're alive or they're dead."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

For these tasks I have always wondered, they're never really supposed to challenge you, not yet at least. There's the looming threat of scores, of course, but the piece itself should [much like the private training sessions as seen in the film/book] present an opportunity for you to excel and show the greatest part of your skills set.

Now for the bombshell.

There will be two parts to this task. Three options for the first part, but the second part I have set exactly what I want you to do. Work with your strengths because each task I will be marking something by baring the tasks demands in mind EG: Creativity, Characterisation, Structure and the like.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

THE TASKS

TASK PART ONE - OPTION ONE: 'The Nightmare Before Reaping' - Tradition has it that the night before every reaping, each District throws a giant party in the only way they know how. It can be a strange time for those within reaping age; the peculiar and fantastic fun exploding all around them contrasting with the lingering thought that tomorrow could be the day you are chosen. It is also said that within some of the richer Districts, this party is when the 'Volunteer' is decided. The party is a send off. It means farewell, it means good bye, it means... good luck.

WORD MAXIMUM - 2000

TASK PART ONE - OPTION TWO: Your training, show exactly what your character did throughout their time training. Who they spoke to, what relationships were forged at the early stage, the tension most likely present between the varying Seasons etc. Be creative with the weapons and learning demonstration platforms. This isn't Panem remember? Despite the blood, everything is a little more... Jolly. Almost darkly humourous in some ways.

WORD MAXIMUM - 2000

TASK PART ONE - OPTION THREE: Your tribute's interview with Vistillia Vellius (see 'meet the gameakers'). You can make up the questions that she asks you however there is a twist. This must be in the POINT OF VIEW of either one of the Gamemakers OTHER than Vistillia OR a family member of YOUR tribute

WORD MAXIMUM - 2000
--------------------------------------

NOTE: YOU MAY ONLY PICK ONE OF THE OPTIONS ABOVE. THE TASK BELOW IS COMPULSORY.

--------------------------------------

TASK PART TWO - COMPULSORY - Describe to me in 2000 CHARACTERS (not words) exactly what your tribute would wear during the tribute parade. You do not have to use poetic language or possess writing talent for this - as long as your idea stands out and I can understand it well enough - it will work. You do NOT have to work in collaboration with your writing district counter part for this, however it is admired.... You may send pictures to show textures and such but I am certainly not marking you on your ability to google. Bear that in mind.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
PART ONE - DETERMINES YOUR FIRST SCORE /12 WILL BE POSTED PUBLICLY
PART TWO - GOES TOWARDS YOUR ODDS, MARKED ON CREATIVITY ONLY, WILL NOT BE POSTED

These games will not see just your scores or what not. They will see your 'Odds.' The Odds board displays who shall be set for supossedly winning. For this, I not only take in your official scores - but also how well I see your task improvement, your ranking and where your characters story is going. #JudgingYou

Hand in by sending ALL tasks through an email to jackwardsauthorgames@gmail.com Do NOT send them in at different times. Send them in THE SAME email or none of them will count.
DEADLINE: Monday: 10th November - 10PM [GMT]

Good Luck!

And may the christmas cracker be ever in your favour.