#74 New Future... Old Past

(Continuation of the last imagine "Starting Over")

*****Peter's POV*****

"Hey love," I sat down on the bed and rubbed her shoulder gently.

She lifted her head off the pillow, her eyes still half asleep with her hair laying crazily around her face.

"Good morning," She had a sleepy smile.

"I'm going to go out for a run with the boys, you can keep sleeping." I kissed her cheek.

"Are you sure? I- I can go.." She yawned.

"No it's alright my dear, go back to sleep."

"Okay..." she sighed as her head hit the pillow. Jenna was too cute, and she was all mine. Our relationship did have its ups and downs, but for the past couple of months, everything has been great. We haven't argued once and or relationship was even better than it was the first time around.

I caught up with the lost boys and we all began our normal run. Once we arrived at the beach, Felix caught up to me and huffed, "Pan, can I talk to you for a moment?"

"What?" I walked to the side of the pathway as the boys continued to run on.

"I couldn't help but notice a small row boat in the distance earlier."

"Heading what direction?" I looked out to the ocean.

"South," Felix stated.

"Okay, I will cast a cloaking spell and hide the island. It is probably just a traveler passing by. Let's hope at least," I said.

"I will keep my eye out." He said.

"Thanks for informing me, hey- you're in charge while I go cast go cast the spell. Now go catch up."

While he ran to the group, I turned back into the jungle to go to my Thinking Tree. I gathered the ingredients scattered near my tree and created the spell that I needed. My work then began to take action. A bright green light ascended into the sky, making the clouds illuminate with an emerald green. The light then fell around the island in a dome shape, the island was now officially hidden.

I dusted off my hands and began to walk back to the beach. When I was about halfway there, I thought I heard a twig crack. I paused to listen to my surroundings. I scanned all around me- nothing was there. I must have just heard an animal or something. I continued to walk on.

"Malcolm?"

I froze in my tracks. No one has called me that name in a very long time.

"Is that you?" said the voice. It turned to the faintly familiar voice. When our eyes met, I was shocked to see her. I knew thought I would see her ever again in my whole life.

"Grace?" I stumbled back.

"It is you!" She pulled me into a hug, "I have missed you so much."

I pushed her off of me.

"Malcolm-"

"That's not my name... not anymore..." I turned from her.

She turned me toward her and looked up at me. She hesitantly touched me face and then my hair.

"I haven't seen you like this since we were just teenagers, seems like it was just yesterday when we first fell in love," She swept my hair to the side.

"But it wasn't Grace, that was so long ago..." I stepped back and began to walk away.

"Why do you keep avoiding me Malcolm?" She ran to catch up with me.