#68 You have to Believe

My favorite time of day on the island was when it is the beginning of nightfall, when the sky is a dark blue but still light enough to see. It was always calming...peaceful...

I see Peter every once in awhile, but he doesn't see me. He thinks I left the island awhile ago, but of course I didn't want to leave. We used to be together, inseparable- we were practically attached. He loved me and I loved him. I still love him, but I think he has forgotten about me. He sent me home to protect me from something he wouldn't tell me about.

It was a hard choice for Peter to make, I could tell that it was killing him. The thing is that I didn't want to go back to my horrible home and I didn't want to leave him. Word around the island says that Peter is planning something, which explains the arrival this new boy. He doesn't look like a lost boy, he's too small, too innocent....Which concerns me... What does Peter want with him? I know that Peter becomes a different person when his evil side kicks in.

In that moment, I decided to help that new boy. The look I saw in his eyes when he first came to the camp was fear. It was heartbreaking since I have also had that look at some point in my life. Something's not right, and I'm determined to stop it.

*****

I heard two people talking a couple of yards away. I climbed from tree to tree, hoping not to be seen or heard. I froze when I heard Peter's voice.

"Henry's family is here... We can't have them get to him," He said in a low voice.

"What do you want me to do?" Felix asked.

"Nothing, I have a plan to set them off track, if they find him this whole plan will be ruined," His hands were in fists, "Go check in Henry. Make sure he isn't wandering around."

Felix nodded and rushed off into the trees.

As Peter slowly began to walk off, I adjusted my footing. Little did I know that the unsupportive branch would make a loud crack!

He stopped and tilted his head to listen. I held my breath, my heart pounding. I flattened myself against the tree, occasionally glancing down. He was coming toward my tree, oh god what was I going to do?!?

"Is someone up there?" He said.

"Pan!" Felix ran in, "I just heard that the Dark One is here."

"Oh," He thankfully walked toward him, "Seems like father and son will be reunited."

They strode off together. I have to find this Henry's family, they should find him now and leave before things get worse.

*****

I peaked through some bushes. There was a blonde woman sitting cross-legged on a rock staring at a map with a woman with a shirt pixie cut standing over her shoulder.

"Do you see where the camp is on there?" A woman pacing with a business suit.

"Regina, it takes time." Pixie cut said.

"Well hurry up we don't have time." She said.

"Don't rush my daughter," A man said.

"I will do anything I need to find my son." Regina said getting in his face.

"He's my son too-" the blonde lady said, "You don't think I'm trying my best to find him as well?"

I slowly started into their camp, "I know where he is."

All at once, swords were drawn at me. The Regina lady threw her arms out in front of her. I felt my throat tighten up, it was difficult to breathe.