#65 He's Forgotten About Us

(Continuation of #33 the Cafe and #55 Bleeding Love)

I arranged the food on Peter's plate like five times. It has to be perfect! That night marked one year of our relationship.

I looked around the room. I caught some fireflies and put them into glass jars, don't worry, I poked wholes so that they had air. It took me soo long to catch all of them.

I made Peter's favorite meal from scratch along with some fresh coconut milk. I hoped that he would enjoy it! He has been gone recruiting new lost boys to help strengthen our team against Blackbeard and his group of filthy pirates.

"I see him!" yelled a lost boy outside as I straightened the silverware on the dining table. I smoothed down my new short black dress that I made out of some spare cloth I found. Peter loves it when I swear dresses so I was excited to see his reaction. The lost boys and I lined up in a row waiting for Peter. Felix and I were last in the line.

We saw torches arriving through the trees. I could barely contain my excitement. My heart began to beat faster when I heard the love of my life's voice grow louder.

"And this is our camp," Peter emerged through the trees. A group of about fifteen teenage boys followed after him in awe.

"Here is where you boys shall stay for the rest of yours lives since you can never leave Neverland. You will be asigned to a current lost boy to bunk with and they shall be your guide until you know this island backwards and forewards. Are there any questions thus far?" He asked.

"Are there any rules, Pan?" The youngest out of the new group asked.

"Here on Neverland, there are no rules. Neverland is a place for the imagination to run wild and free. The only time that there will be structure is when I give commands most likely during an attack. That is when you must stop what you are doing and listen to what I say, or deal with the consequences."

"What are the conse-"

"You don't want to know," Felix stated, turning his head toward the light. His scar was visible.

Everyone turned to Felix and gasped. I couldn't help but laugh into my hand because Peter and Felix planned to use his scar as a way to almost frighten the new lost boys. Felix got that scar from a pirate but they always make the boys think Peter did it.

"On that note, any other questions?"

"Yeah," said an older newbie, "Why is there a girl here? Aren't we lost boys?"

"Hey I'm not complaining," said another guy, "Can I bunk with her?"

I could feel heat build up in my cheeks, but I tried my best to stay serious like the other lost boys in line with me.

"No one will be bunking with her, she gladly belongs to me." He smiled at me.

My heart rate increased, we finally made eye contact since his arrival.

"Damnit," said the lost boy who asked.

"Alright boys," He turned to us, "Pick a newbie and let's get a bigger fire started."

Peter put his hands in his pockets and worked his way over to me.

"Hello love," He flashed me his signature smirk.

"Hello Darling," I said as I slowly rested my arms around his neck. He responded by placing his hands on my hips.

"I've missed you," He raised his eyebrows,

"Believe me, I have missed you too." I smiled.

He took a step back and looked at me.

"Why, you look very marvelous in that dress." He scanned me.