#43 The Change of Heart

*Peter's POV*

I knocked on the door.

"Are you almost ready, love?"

"Almost!" called back from my beautiful girlfriend Nattie. We have been dating for about a week and a half now and I have been the happiest I have ever been.

Yes, yes, I know. I am the Peter Pan, I'm supposed to be the ruthless bloody demon, right? Wrong. I used to be happy before it was destroyed by who I thought was the love of my life, Wendy. She was the reason why I turned into the notorious villian that everyone knows me as. That time period was the lowest point in my life. But once I met Natalie, everything changed. I switched back to who I once was. Just being in her presence sends sparks of electricity through my body.

"Ugh I don't know how girls could wear stuff like this." I heard her say.

I just chuckled and leaned against the wall.

"Ok, I'm ready."

"Come on out."

Natalie walked out wearing a long, elegant gown that was from the 20th century that I found in a trunk.

"Wow," I was speechless.

"You like?" She grabbed the sky blue, lace train and twirled around.

"I love it! But I know that you prefer not to wear dresses-" She usually wears jeans and a tank top.

"No Peter, its fine. Sometimes I like to feel extra girly." She came over and grabbed my hand.

"Shall we?" I asked.

"Let's" She smiled as I escorted her out into the middle of the camp.

"Boys, we will be back later." I scooped her up in my arms, "Felix, you are in charge."

He nodded as we shot up into the sky. As I held her in my arms, her dress flowed gracefully while her curly hair went crazy. She was laughing the whole way. We landed in the middle of 5 large trees. I set her down gently and crossed my arms. I casually leaned against one of the tree.

"Well, we are here." I stated.

"Where?" She turned in a circle, "I don't see anything but trees."

"You see, these trees are enchanted. You have to believe that they aren't normal trees. Here, give me your hands."

I placed her hands against the tree.

"Now close your eyes and believe. Feel the vibes of the tree and the power that you contain within you."

She nodded. I saw her close her eyes and take a deep breath. The tree grew an outline of a door.

"Nattie?" I smiled.

"Huh?" Her eyes were still closed.

"Look."

She raised her head slowly. I noticed her blue eyes lit up even more when she realized what she did.

"Oh my god!" She looked at me with a huge cheesy smile, "It's a door!!!"

"I know." I chuckled at her amazement, "Would you like to go inside?"

"Yeah!" She jumped up and down like a little girl.

"Ok, calm down love," I kissed her forehead, "Watch your step.

I opened the door and lead her down the narrow spiral staircase. It ended to come open to a large room filled with bunk beds and random treasurs I have collected over the years.