#22 The Scar

#22 The Scar

Have you ever had a dream that repeats itself over and over again, but each night, a little more of your story reveals the next chapter? I have been having that kind of dream for the past week. So far, all I know was that I finally got away from my dreaded family, and I was heading to the train station, to hop on any train, not caring to where it went. I was crossing the street when a big rig came out of no where and was about to hit me. A hooded figure pushed me out of the way and saved my life. I was going to pull off his hood to reveal his face when-

"Nellie.....Nellie......Wake up" Someone was nudging me.

"What?" I groaned into my pillow.

"Nells, you need to get up, its time for training."

"Ugh, why must you make training so early in the morning?"

"If you don't get up, I will make you get up."

"Is that a threat?" I raised my head.

I looked down and I was floating in the air.

"Peter, put me down this instant!" I commanded.

Peter was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed.

"Will you get up now?" He chuckled.

"Ugh fine."

He dropped me and I bounced off my bed onto the floor.

"Seriously?" I asked, "You couldn't have gently put me down?"

"Nope." He said.

I got up and fixed my hair. He walked over to me and handed me my brush.

"You know, you are very lucky," I said, "If you weren't my favorite cousin then you would be dead."

"I know, and since you just admitted that I was your favorite cousin, I'm willing to make you a deal."

"I'm listening, but turn around I need to change." I pointed to the corner.

He rolled his eyes and turned around.

"So,about my deal, there is a new lost boy who just arrived. He is pretty sick and weak, coming from an abusive family."

I can relate to that...

"Anyway, I'm excusing him from today's training. So instead of training, I need to make him breakfast. Bring it to him, he shouldn't be up out of bed, at least not for awhile."

"Ok, sounds easy enough." I smiled.

"Thanks cous." He kissed the top of my head.

"Stop doing that, I'm not a little girl anymore." I chuckled and shooed him away.

"Ok, we will be out for awhile. See you later." He started to walk out.

"Wait, what's the lost boy's name?" I asked.

"Felix, his name is Felix."

"Oh, ok. See you later."

I went back to the mirror and put my hair up into a high pony tail.

Ok, making breakfast for a sick little kid is better than training.

I walked over and entered our kitchen, more like a hut that stores food. I pulled out a cutting bored and sliced up many fruits. I arrange the slices into a smiley face, that usually makes a kid happy right?

I grab the plate and the cup of cold water when I turn and see a group of men who scared me. I dropped the plate, causing it to shatter all over the place.