#40 I Will

#40 I Will

Me: Hey, call me now

Mel: Why? Is everything okay?

Me: No :/

Mel: ok give me a minute

I fell back onto my bed, clutching onto my phone. I looked up at my ceiling and tried not to let all if my emotions out. I hate crying, it shows that I'm weak.

My phone began to buzz. I answered it quickly because I'm not supposed to be on my phone after midnight.

"Hello?" her voice sounded groggy.

"Hey, I need you to get me out of my house. Please, just drive me to the train station or something-"

"What happened? Did they hurt you?" Now she sounded worried.

"Um-" I looked in the mirror at the developing bruises on my face, "N-no. They just yelled a lot and I'm done with them."

"Ok I will be there in ten minutes." We hung up.

I pulled a large sweatshirt over my PE shirt and cotton shorts. I grabbed a baseball cap and threw my hood over it.

I packed a small backpack full of clothes and other little essentials. I crept past my parents bedroom, avoiding the squeaky floorboards. With the door shutting behind me, I walked out on to the driveway.

I sat and waited for her to show up. I saw someone walking toward me on the side walk. Wow, we really need to ask the city to fix that lamp post because it was dark.

"Wow, that was fast," I semi whispered/yelled, "is your truck around the corner?"

She didn't respond.

"Mel?"

I saw two glowing eyes staring me down. It kept walking toward me at a steady pace.

I slowly backed, planning ahead on what to do.

"Who are you? Answer me!" I demanded.

The man/thing was close enough for me to realize he wasn't human. He was see through, like a black shadow.

It grabbed my wrist and flew up into the air. I let out a small scream but it silenced me.

"Shut up girl." It said.

"You-you talk? Where are taking me?"

"Neverland..."

I landed rather roughly on the dark beach of the island.

Everything was silent, which made me full of ease. I walked cautiously through the wild terrain, pulling my hood over my face. I heard some yelling in the distance. My head whipped around and saw a boy about my age sprinting as fast as he could.

"What are you running from?" I called.

When he reached me, he tackled me over onto my side and placed his hand over my mouth, silencing me.

A big crowd of teenage boys screamed and ran past us.

He let go of my mouth and let me sit up.

"Oww..." I rubbed the side of my face. It was already swollen.

"Are you alright?" His heavy British accent surprised me.

"Um sort of," I wanted to change the subject, "So why were you being chased?"

He looked around and stayed low.

"Pan is angry at me," His green eyes were dark, "he threatened to put me in a cage so I ran."