#53 Potential of Magic

I took a deep breath, and swiftly threw my knife.

"Nikita, nice aim!" a lost boy cheered.

I stepped back and saw that my dagger hit the drawn target straight in the center.

"Thanks," I blushed.

"That was really good." I heard a voice behind me. I turned and saw it was Felix.

"Learned from the best." I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Hey, do you want to go fishing tonight? It's something that I used to do with our dad, before I left." He looked down.

"Tonight? Sure, can't wait." I smiled.

"Ok, I have to help with training, so I will see you later." He patted my shoulder and walked quickly away.

Felix and I have never lived together in the same home, but we have the same parents. A couple years after he left for Neverland, our parents decided to have a second child- me. They were wonderful parents, but once I reached high school, they kept having tons of fights, and being alcoholics didn't help their situation either. I was sick of it and then discovered that I had a brother. They thought he was dead, but that night, a shadow appeared in my room and explained to me everything. And now, I'm here.

I sat down in a group of Lost Boys and we all complained about the heat. It was ridiculous, Neverland was going through its summer season.

"One time back at home, I remember my sister and I would get ice cream," said a lost boy, "but she would always drop it on the ground and stomp away."

We all started cracking off when he started to do an impression of his frustrated little sister. Pan emerged from the trees and we all quickly shut up. We stood still and waited for his orders.

Pan walked over to the tree.

"Who threw this?" He pulled the dagger out in one movement. He walked in front of our line of boys and held it up.

"I did." I stated. His head turned toward me. He stood right in front of me.

"Very impressive." He smirked.

"Thanks Pan." I looked down at the floor.

"Alright my lost boys, take a lap around dead man's peak and then back to camp." he ordered.

I turned to join the group.

"Wait Nikita, you stay."

I stopped and let the lost boys leave. I turned back to Pan.

"Is there something we need to discuss?" I asked.

"I was wondering how you hit that target so precisely."

"I don't know, I just put all my emotions behind me and use them to give my mind the power to believe that I can hit the target. I know it sounds stupid, but-"

"No, it's not stupid. I understand what you mean, I do the same thing." His eyes glimmered.

"Pan, if you don't mind me asking, when you build up your emotions from all the pain and troubles in your life, do you ever feel really powerful? Like more than usual?" I asked.

He came closer to me.

"You feel that to? Before I learned magic, that's how I would feel."

I tucked a loose strand of my dark hair behind my ear.

"Do you think I am capable of learning magic?"

He circled me while answering my question.

"I believe you are, so how about tonight, you meet me by the base of dead man's peak."