#56 My Lost, Lost Girl

I haven't seen my lost girl for about two years now. I dearly miss my Kaylie.

I loved her, but I sent her home for her safety. I couldn't risk losing her when I knew that my son was returning to Neverland to save his grandson.

She didn't understand why, and I couldn't explain to her because I knew that if she found out the truth, she would stay by my side. She was always stubborn, but that made me even more madly in love with her.

She was 16, so young and still getting ready for her life that was full of so much potential. I couldn't even imagine how I would feel if I knew that something bad could have happened to her, that I could have taken all the brilliant potential away from my beautiful Kaylie.

I can still remember the look on her face when I lied to her about not being able to stay on Neverland due to my shadow's policy. She believed me, but she was heart broken.

She probably doesn't even remember me anymore. For all she knows, Kaylie probably thinks I'm dead. I used to visit her window every night for awhile, trying to gather my courage to talk to her once more. One night I decided to attempt to be in her life again, but when I arrived to her window, I found another boy in her room, rubbing her back when she was clearly upset. The way that she looked up at the boy reminded me of how she used to look at me.

That's when I knew she was gone. I lost my lost girl...

Tonight, I sat by the fire, trying to play my pipe. It was very difficult to concentrate when all I could think about was Kaylie.

I began to play a song that I wrote for her awhile back. When I got to the bridge of my song, my hands began to shake. I finished the song out of breath. What's going on? I threw my pipe on the ground and stormed off into the trees. I slid down the side of a tree and sat there in frustration.

Felix appeared.

"Pan-"

"Leave me alone-"

"No, something had been bothering you."

"I said leave me alone Felix-" I snapped.

"It's Kaylie, isn't it?" When he said her name I felt a small pain in my chest.

I didn't respond.

"You should go see her." He said after a short pause.

"No, she wouldn't even-"

"Pan listen to me. I know you, I know that if you don't talk to her soon, you are slowly going to kill yourself."

"I know..." I said under my breath.

"Go see her now, I will watch the island." He held his hand out to help me up.

I took and stood up. I began to walk away, but then I stopped.

"Felix?"

And turned toward me.

"Thanks." I said.

He nodded in understanding and continued on his way.

******

I spotted her house. All the lights were off, but I still had hope that she could have been there.

I landed on her window sill effortlessly. I peeked in, but the room was dark. I opened the window and stepped in. Her room has changed a little since I have seen it less, there wasn't as many typical teenage girl posters. I walked around the room, checking to make sure she still lives here. My attention was grabbed my a frame on her dresser. I picked up the photo and saw that it was her and a friend. She looked a little different, but she was still definitely the Kaylie I have always known.

I heard a slam outside. I glanced down from her window to see a car pulling away. A door closed downstairs. I heard footsteps going up the stairs that began to approach the door. I was not ready for this. I opened her window and was about to climb out when the door opened.

"Peter?" Her voice sent chills down my spine. I swallowed and turned to face the person who has haunted my thoughts for such a long time.

"Kaylie" I let out a deep breath. Before me stood a whole different girl, she was so mature compared to when I first turned her away.

We were both speechless, but she looked like she had so many different emotions running through her mind. She ran straight toward me and into my arms. I stood there in shock, I wasn't expecting her to even want to go near me.

"I- I thought you dead." She held on to me tightly. I wrapped my arms around her.

"I have missed you so much Kaylie." I whispered into her hair.

She pulled back with a look of sorrow.

"Why didn't you come back for me sooner?" She asked.

I pulled her over and we sat on her window seat.

"I did come back awhile ago, but I saw- never mind it's stupid." I looked down.

"No tell me." She grabbed my hand.

"I saw another boy in here comforting you and I thought-"

"Peter, no. He is just a friend who was comforting me. I was upset because all that day I couldn't get you off my mind. I got flustered because I couldn't understand what I did wrong, why you sent me away." She stared down at the floor.

"I wasn't being honest with you love," I lifted her chin. I then explained to her why I truly could not let her stay with me.

"... And that's why I let you go, I couldn't live with myself if anything ever happened to you."

She let out a small laugh and a single tear.

"Peter, I understand why you didn't tell me, but if I knew the truth, I would have dated right by your side and fought with you." She kept glancing down at my lips then back up to my eyes.

"I know." I cupped her cheek and placed my lips upon hers. She smiled and pulled back.

We both let out a shaky breath.

"Are you ready to come back to Neverland, love?" I asked.

"I thought you'd never ask."

This is for @kayyliee20 :)

Sorry guys, I haven't updated in so long. This week was CRAZY!!!!! Hopefully things will be back to normal soon. I love you all my awesome Lost Boys/Lost Girls!!!!