#36 If He wants a War

"Midnight, hold still." I whispered at my horse. I brushed down her silky black coat. I kept looking out the window in her stall. Ugh, it's late.

I should introduce myself, I am sixteen years old and my name is Sky Pan. Yes Pan. Peter is my older brother. I can only visit him every 4 years for some odd reason, and today is the day his shadow will come get me.

The barn doors blew open causing the horses to get stirred up and kick around.

"Easy! Easy!" I calmed down Midnight. I quickly pulled a carrot out of my apron and fed it to her. "Shh it ok."

I patted her head.

"I will be back in a week." I put my cloak over my head and ran outside.

"Where are you?" I asked quietly.

I saw a pair of glowing eyes coming from the corner of my eye. The shadow remained silent, even though I knew he could talk. I grabbed on to his hand and found myself soaring through the stars.

When I spotted the island, my eyes lit up. I was so close to seeing my brother, I couldn't contain my emotions. Once we reached the beach, I picked up dress and ran. I knew exactly where I was going. I ran until I spotted the lost boys huddled around the bonfire. I spotted Peter talking to some of the boys. I stepped out and up on to a log.

"I'm sorry, but I'm here to take over the island." I put my hands on my hips. The boys who didn't know me (so basically all of then except Felix) became alert and looked at Pan for orders. It was so hard not to laugh.

He looked at me as a giant smile grew on both of our faces.

We ran to each other, so many emotions ran through my veins. I jumped into his arms like I used to when I was little.

"I missed you." I squeaked.

He places me down.

"Wow, look at you, you have grown up so much. You are very lovely." He grabbed my shoulders.

"I can't believe I'm here. The past four years felt so much longer."

"I know, I missed having you around." Peter looked around at the confused Lost Boys. "Boys, this is my little sister Sky."

"Hi." I waved around.

The boys were pretty shock and whispered among themselves.

"They will get used to you, don't worry." He chuckled. He suddenly looked behind me. I turned but only saw a figure disappear.

"Um, I will be right back." He patted my shoulder.

"Oh, ok." I watched him walk of. That was weird.

Someone tapped my shoulder.

"Felix!" I wrapped my arms around him.

"Hey kiddo." he ruffled my hair.

"Haven't seen you in awhile." I playfully punched his arm.

"I know," He grinned, "You know your brother missed you a lot. He could barely contain his excitement for today."

"Aw that's nice of him, I was completely the same way." I laughed quietly.

We looked around awkwardly.

"Well..... Are you tired? We have your tent set up."

"Yes actually, I'm exhausted. Will you walk me there?"

"Of course." he said.

I followed Felix to the smaller tent on the end of all tents. It looked untouched from the last time I have been there. He held open the door flap.