Chapter Twenty Eight

"Lewis you can't stop me from getting hurt."

He smiled, “You’re right. But I can try to prevent it." Lewis admitted.

Kylie raised her brow."Why," she paused as she shook her head."Why, do you even care if I get hurt?"

"Because..because I..I'm your superman." Lewis frowned as that came out of his mouth. It didn't make any sense at all.

A weak smile made its way on her lips. And she chuckled lightly."Why superman?"

Shrugging, Lewis laid down on the roof."Nothing can hurt superman." He responded.

"Superman has Kryptonite." Kylie retorted.

"Kryptonite isn't my weakness, because I'm your superman." He pointed out.

"Then what is your weakness Lewis?"

He sat silent for a minute, thinking about his answer."You. You're my weakness." He replied.

I slammed the book shut as the memories I'd tried so hard to forget came rushing back to me. Without even reading the next chapter of the book I already knew what happened next. Why the hell did El give me this book? No the better question was why the hell I was reading it. I'm basically just re-living the moments that made me love her.

With a heavy sigh I placed the book back under the couch cushions, right next to the takeout menus. Deciding that the little trip down memory lane was enough, I wrapped the blanket I had around me and pulled my feet up under me. King jumped in my lap when I turned the television on some random channel.

All I needed was a bowl of ice cream, then my do-nothing-but-mope day we'll be complete. Though obviously I didn't feel like getting it myself."Jessica."

"What do you want?" At the sound of her voice King automatically whined and shoved his face deeper into my blanket. He'd been whining a lot lately.

"Can you bring me some ice cream?" I called back, not really sure on where she was inside the house. We hadn't really been together since two nights ago; I've been bunking out on the couch.

"I wasn't aware that you had any physical or mental impairments?"

I snorted."I'm lazy. Is that enough of an impairment for you?" I questioned, as I heard her voice getting closer to me.

"Really Loubaby?" She stood by the couch, with an amused grin on her face as she stared down at me."Just because you like to be indolent when you're home. Sometimes you can even be without lackadaisical, that doesn't mean you have an impairment." She shrugged her shoulders."You're just susceptible to being lethargic."

"Wait one moment please," I pulled my arm out from under the warm blanket, and grabbed my phone off the table."I need to consult google."