One For The Road

The shrill sound of my roommates shrieking could be heard from down stairs, but I just simply crossed one leg over the other and continued to text my "boyfriend". I rolled my eyes as I heard her slip and fall from trying to get out of the shower to quickly.

    "Are you alright Steph?" I called out, frowning as the nickname left a bad taste in my mouth.

    From my place in my seat I heard the engine of my boyfriends car as he pulled into the driveway. She screamed again then came running out of the bathroom and bounding down the stairs; just as I stood up and put my phone in my pocket. A horrified look was spread out across her face as she gripped her towel in one hand and her head in the other.

    "It just keeps falling out," she cried, while holding onto a pile of her brown hair. As practiced my mouth fell open in fake shock as I took in her appearance."I don't know what's happening to it."

    "I kno," I was cut off by a few rapid knocks on the door. Before I could go answer the door to let Micheal in her hand was reaching out and grabbing my arm; bringing me to an abrupt stop.

    Her eyes were as wide as saucers as she stared at me."You're not seriously going to answer that at a time like this?" She questioned, eyes narrowing.

    "It'd be rude not to."I told her, then forcefully ripped my hand out of her grip making her gasp.

    I slowly walked over towards the door and plastered a fake smile across my face, though it was full of malice. A vivid picture of the cheshire cat grinning a toothy grin over at Alice crossed my mind. And I could only picture me looking just like him as I opened the door. His brown face resembled a look of pure ignorance as he smirked over at me and leaned in to kiss me, but I'd gave him my cheek at the last minute.

    A whine took my attention away from him and I glanced down to stare into my dogs Ace's sweet face. He'd been living with Micheal since Stephanie had a sudden 'allergic reaction' to him, after he'd basically grown out of his puppy phase. Truthfully she always mentioned how he could possibly snap in the near future due to his breed, which I didn't believe for a second. That was just her way of getting rid of him.

    "Hey Ace," I cooed, my lips tugging up into a smile as I leant down to cover his face in kisses.

    "You weren't that happy to see me." Micheal scoffed, making me glance up and frown. Though he hadn't caught sight of Stephanie's situations till she let out another scream.

    "Hello! Yeah, this is more important than your stupid boyfriend." She stomped her feet before scraping her hand across her head, then let out a whine like cry."Somebody needs to call nine one one this is a fucking emergency!" She screamed.

    "Damn," Michael's eyes widen; while taking in her appearance.

    "I don't think we need to call anyone," I shrugged then let Ace off of the leash he was on. With a little extra pep in my step I walked back over to chair I was sitting in and picked up a magazine.

    "What do you mean we don't need to call anyone?"

    I turned a page in the magazine."Because I know what's wrong with it."

    "What's wrong with it then?"

    "I wonder if they're going to find out who's this Becky that Beyonce was referring too?" I hummed, as I flipped through the next page.

    "Winnie!" She screamed yet again.

    "You think her good hair is natural or is it a weave, because you ca-" The magazine was ripped out of my hands and thrown across the room."Now that was rude."