Chapter Eight

Kendall

"He just walked out?" Andrew repeated what I'd said like he was having trouble processing it.

"Yes just walked straight. Well before he acted like a total jackass then he walked out."

A women in the booth had turned around to glare at me. Which I returned with a raised brow and a middle finger. She gasped, then turned back around to face the man she'd walked in with. It wasn't my fault that she choose to sit in front of me.

I'd been sitting in a booth in a diner waiting on Niall to show up. Just to get my head straight I'd chosen to get here ten minutes early. So I could get everything set up and get some coffee in my system. It didn't help that I hadn't slept the night before. That reason alone left me feeling grumpy, irritable, and a little less willing to tolerate bullshit.

"Well what did you expect Blake. For everything to just automatically go back to the way it used to be. Three years is a long time."

I rolled my eyes knowing he couldn't see it. Why couldn't he be one of those people that just told you a lie to make you feel better. The ones that would see you horribly injured and tell you that it was just a scratch. No he just had to tell it like it was.

"Way to sugarcoat it Andrew. Besides I knew he was going to be angry. Though I didn't know he was going to be such a dick."

The women in front of me turned around to look at me again. I pulled the phone away from my ear so Andrew couldn't hear it.

"Excuse me do you need anything?" She huffed before turning back around. I put the phone back up to my ear."So what were you saying? Before I was rudely interrupted." I said the last part a little louder so the women could hear it.

"You know I never sugar- I can't even say the word. All I'm saying is take it easy with him, don't try to rush anything. If it's meant to happen then let." For a moment I'd thought the signal was lost, before he decided to speak again."Just don't let anything sexual happen. Sex is bad Blake."

I rolled my eyes again.

"And stop rolling your eyes. It's unattractive for girls to do that. Wait no be unattractive as you want. Then I won't have to worry about any guys trying to hit on you. You should pick your nose right now." I could hear the humor behind his words.

"Andrew can you be fucking serious." I snapped, refusing to look up at the women. Because I knew she was probably staring at me right now.

"I'm being serious. I can't really bash a guys head in if I'm in Louisiana." His voice went lower."I'm kind of missing being able to protect you. Sure I get to toss Jacob out of the house when I catch him tonguing down Liv. But it's nothing like protecting your little sister from some guy, trying to put his hotdog in your bun."

I shook my head, chuckling lightly as I did."You're something else Andrew. So how is Liv and her sisters doing

this."

"Their doing better since there mother got sent away. You know If Foster hadn't left us this house, ours would have been a little crowded. But we would have managed. Besides if their happy then you know I'm happy. Though I'm going to have to watch out for Jacob." The sound of something being moved around could be heard on the other end."I swear he's acting like a horny dog. You know the ones that hump your legs when you walk in the house.

I laughed."He's only horny for Liv."

"Excuse me can you please." I glanced up at the women who turned around to look at me. Did she not know that I was dangerous in the morning or when I didn't get any sleep.