Chapter Forty-Seven

Chapter Forty-Seven

Kendall

I was home

I was home. Though it still felt like I didn't belong here anymore. They say home was where the love was, and I was feeling the love. An hour ago when we got here I received the biggest greeting, warm hugs, a few tears from some. Two hours were spent on getting caught up on what was going on in everyone's life. Mainly the ones I hadn't spoken to that much while I was gone. Everyone had came out to welcome me back but I still felt as if one person was missing from all of this. Besides Liv and Chaire how'd been in the next town over, those had been the two I wanted to see most.

It was Louis.

How could such an idiot have this strong of a hold on me? Sure I didn't actually come back to Salem to move back, I'd just really wanted to see everyone again. You know catch up on old times. Instead I was worse off wallowing in the thought of what I was going to say to Louis. I'd definitely start off with sorry for walking out on you, but then what? Would he even still want to actually talk to me? Guess I have to find out until then I'd work on what I was going to say.

Why did things have to be this way? Three years ago if someone asked me would I ever fall in love with someone. I probably would have punched them for even asking something as absurd as that. Now I was hopelessly in love with a guy, who could piss me off one minute and have me smiling in the next. Guess this was what loving someone was like.

"You still visit the old house?" I questioned when Andrew walked in the living room. Hurricane and I were stretched out across the couch just sitting silently in each other presence.

I can honestly say that I started crying when I saw him, leaving him behind had been one of the hardest things I'd done. Besides Andrew he'd been there for me since I was nine years old and we where inseparable. He'd just turned twelve when I left and the vet had advised me to let him live out his last few years here, instead of moving him. Now at thirteen he was blind and deaf but still seemed to be happy, but I couldn't help but think he'd love it more if he where with me.

"Yeah," He replied, while seating down in the arm chair that was next to the couch."Though I usually only go there when I need some silence or just to bring back a few old memories."

"I hope you're going just to remember the good ones." I told him.

He shook his head."I like the bad memories too they were just as much responsible for shaping me into the person I am today." he shrugged, while reaching over to pet a sleeping Hurricanes head."Would you throw away even the bad memories you've made with Louis?"

I shrugged,"I guess not."

"You should think about taking him back with you." Andrew suggested, while leaning back in the recliner."He took it really hard when you left, didn't even want to leave your room. I think the only reason he left it was because he could no longer smell you in there."