Chapter Three

Roof roof roof

"Shut up King." I yelled as the yapping of the little dog assaulted my ears. The feeling of little paws jumping on my bare back caused a groan to slip past my lips. How had I let Jessica talk me into getting this dog for her in the first place? For two weeks straight I had been woken up early every day. I at least thought Jessica would take care of him when she got back. Then again as I think about it she only actually acknowledged him when she was out with her friends. Who also happened to carry around little dogs in her purse.

When I couldn't take anymore I rolled over on my back, pushed King away from my face when he started to lick it. Then threw my feet over the edge of the bed and stood up. I glanced towards the clock and groaned, I only had an hour to get ready but I'd still be late. Grabbing a pair of boxers and a t-shirt I headed towards the bathroom so I could take a quick shower. King was still following close behind me barking nonstop, even when I slammed the door in his face he still continued to bark.

My mind began to wonder when I stepped into shower, like always I tuned out everything around me even King relentless barking. I thought about last night how Jessica wanted to  become my wife. Truthfully I wasn't ready for that type of commitment yet. She would always bring it up even when we were out. She would drag me into jewelry stores and make me watch as she tried on rings. In the end I would end up buying her a new necklace. The guys told me if she really cared about me she wouldn't pressure me into doing anything. She would wait patiently.

 All that thinking was starting to stress me out. Eventually though I would have to tell her something since we had been together for a while now. A promise ring maybe? Or something to at least satisfy her growing needs. She had an odd obsession with shopping she went almost every day when she didn't have anything to do. The thing about her was that she never wore an outfit more than once when she went out. She would always say something about not being caught dead in the same outfit twice. Or she would say-

Outfit repeats are for the less wealthy.

A sigh left me when I heard her call me from down stairs. I had needed a couple more minutes to myself so I could think. Guess I would have to talk to Liam later he always gave out the best relationship advice, strangely though his past relationships had been bad. I'd just figured that he was one of those people who didn't follow their own advice. With that in mind I stepped out of the shower while wrapping a towel around myself, and went to brush my teeth. Since I was already going to be late I was taking my time knowing Simon would be pissed either way.

Though I speed up the pace I was moving in when I got tired of hearing King's parking. Where the hell was Jessica? I stomped down the stairs with my shoes, car keys, and phone in hand while King followed behind me. Music was playing softly in the living room along with the television playing what sounded like a workout video. A sigh left me when I walked into the living room and found Jessica working out.

"Jess." I called her.

"It's Jessica Lou. Not Jess, Jessica." She kept her eyes on the woman that was instructing her as she spoke to me.

"Why didn't you feed the dog?" I questioned letting my eyes travel down to her body as she stretched. The amount of clothing she wore gave me a nice view of basically everything. Though I knew if I stared to long I'd forget the main purpose of why I came in here for the first place. King. She had wanted the dog but refused to take responsibility for the dog.

"Oh I thought you were going to feed her."

My brows furrowed together as a confused look appeared on my face."You do know the dog is a he right? That's why you named him King." The last part of my statement was spoken slowly and carefully.