Is it a problem ?

Colby and I sat on his couch , watching the Lion King as we snuggled against each other. Weird enough to say , I've been in love with Colby since forever and it's also taken him forever to notice. Butterflies fluttered against the inner wall of my stomach as he held onto me tightly. Even though we were the best of friends , people would always mistake us for being a couple.

I don't usually mind the rumours and questions , since it made me day dream about having some type of relationship with him , but truth be told , I've always wanted to be his. Unfortunately this wasn't possible since he cared so much about whatever his fans said and also of the fact that he was 4 years elder than I was. 

"Have I ever told you how good of a cuddle buddy you are ?" Colby asked , bringing me back from me haze. I blushed while trying to hide my face into his chest , failing miserably as he backed away , "Ooo look at you , blushing and all." He teased me as I playfully hit his chest and giggled , I tried pulling away from his grip but he only pulled me back down , "Colbyyyy. Let me gooo. I have to use to bathroom." I said trying to get away from his grip. "But I was really comfy.." he pouted , making my heart melt. "I'll be back soon , I promise." I giggled before running towards the bathroom.

I locked the door and sat at the edge of the bathtub , thinking of ways I could tell Colby how much he meant to me when I received a text from my friend. I decided to take her help and asked her for ways I could tell him , but it all result in cliché ideas which I obviously denied.

"Y/nnnnnn...I need my cuddle buddy right now." Colby demanded , I quickly turned on the faucet and dipped my hands into the cool flowing water so he could pick up the thought that I was actually using his bathroom. I walked back out into the living room seeing Colby stretch out his hands , asking me for a good cuddle.

I ran into his arms and began watching the movie but quickly felt hungry which resulted in me running to his kitchen to make some popcorn. While I was busy doing that , I didn't notice Colby entering into the kitchen too , my phone buzzed as he peeped his head into my phone , reading all of the ways I wanted to tell him how much I loved him. He sprinted away to his couch as I caught the thought of him already knowing everything.

"Colby..?" I called out to him , he hummed back in return , his eyes fixed on the tv screen although the movie was at a pause. "We need to talk about something." I started off , feeling a tight heaviness on my chest and my throat get dry. Colby looked back at me , asking me to continue , "I believe you've read my texts. Look Colby , I know you might be thinking it's really weird since we're friends and stuff , but trust me , I've loved you since like..forever." I paused for a minute , still not believing I was confessing my love.

Within a minute Colby stood up , anxiety rushing through my veins. "Y/n.." he trailed off , I felt my heart beating at a million miles per second. "I know you love me but trust me I love you a lot more than what you think." He said pulling me closer by my hips. My eyes widened with the sudden shock , not expecting him to say any of those words. "You what ?!" I asked out , he smirked and laughed out , "I love you too y/n and much more than you love me. I've been trying to hide my feelings but I don't think I can do it anymore.." Colby's eyes pierced into mine.

"What about your fans then..?" My tone remaining the saddest ever , not willing to give him up just because of our age difference. "What about them ?" He asked back confused. "Wouldn't they question our relationship ? You know because of our age difference ?" My voice almost sounded like a whisper at the end of my question , too terrified for his answer. "I don't think it'll be a problem , will it ?" He asked , "I don't care about what anyone thinks babe. I love you for a reason and it definitely won't stop because of a petty reason." He continued confidently.

My eyes were now tearing up , slowly filling up to the brim as they were almost about to leave my pupils and fall onto my cheek , Colby's hand quickly flew to my cheek , wiping off the tear that was nearly to escape my eyes before saying , "don't cry beautiful. I promise you I won't ever make you cry and if tears are to fall out of your eyes , they shall only be out of true happiness." He said kissing me gently on either side of my cheeks and then cupping my face.

We looked at each other with love before our lips collided with a force , tangling us to each other. I pulled away from the kiss and looked back into his eyes , they were shinning with joy as he pulled me into his chest. "Wanna continue the movie ?" Colby asked as I giggled.

Our day consisted of having a marathon of movies , along with lots of snacks and comfy blankets accompanied by a heck ton of 'I love yous' and kisses.