Chapter 35 ~ Fireproof

Sofia's POV

I don't want to look at their face. What if he's beautiful? What if he's everything I've ever wanted? What if he's the kind of guy I could fall for? What if he's able to love me? What if I could Michael up for him?

Or worse, what if he's ugly? What if I couldn't even like him? What if I can't use him to get over Michael? Or if he's good looking and even then I can't get over Michael?

I can't even look up at him as he sits down, I stare at my plate refusing to raise my head.

"Sofia?" he says, his voice so recognisable that my heart drops and hits the floor.

It would be, wouldn't it.

"What the hell are you doing here?" he demands, angrily. "Did you plan this, Nan?" he questions Sylvia.

"You're Mike?" I whisper.

"Yeah." He snaps, "I am. How did you even meet my Nan?" he's so angry and I can feel the tears streaming  gently down my face.

"At the airport before I can to see you." I manage to force out.

"Oh, honey, my grandson was the man you had got all worked up over? The one you going to tell him you loved him?" Sylvia says, sending Michael a withering glance.

"I didn't tell you I loved him, did I?" I said.

"No, but we could tell." smiles Rose.

"Oh, I'm that obvious?" I half smile.

"Yes you are." nods Rose. "Now, sweetie, maybe you could give us a bit of alone time with Mike?"

"Sure," I smile, realising that I'm intruding in a family reunion.

Michael's POV

As Sofia elegantly leaves the cafe she accidentally brushes against me and shivers run across my shoulders and snake down my back. My eyes follow her out of the room.

"What have you done, this time?" sighs Nan, softly.

"It's partly her fault, Nan!" I exclaim, "She left first, I just wouldn't take her back."

"And why did she leave?"

"Because, erm, I think she was overwhelmed?"

"So you don't know?"

"No."

"Maybe you should ask?" suggests Rose.

"I dunno?"

"But you love her?"

"Yeah." I admit, and then it hits me. She's worth it. "We've been through so much. And yet I still love her. Even though we've both been burned so many times."

"Some love is... fireproof." smiles Rose, kindly her grey eyes filling up with tears.

"Go get her." says Nan, grabbing my hand and squeezing it.

What a let down I am. I'm so sorry, I haven't updated in like five days and I forgot to thank you all for 4k reads. It's fine you can all kill me... Truthfully, I know I've said it before, daily updates are so hard this year because I take extra subjects like Greek and I have singing lessons as well so really I struggle with updating.

Either way, please can someone read ACACIA for me because  I'll love you forever and ever. I updated it last night and I really like it. http://w.tt/1xPYsLk

love y'all abbie xxxxxxxxx