Chapter 1 ~ If This Was A Movie

The shot is of a grassy hill, two teenagers climb up either sloped side to reach each other.

Curly hair covers the male's head and the camera flashes to two hazel-green eyes without showing the face. Before pulling away to show his whole body. He's wearing ripped blue jeans and a loose grey vest, bracelets adorn his wrists, like mine, and his tanned arms soak in the soft setting sunlight. The camera zooms in on the back of his neck, in sharpie someone has drawn a black infinity sign, similar to the one I used to have.

Strolling up the opposite side of the hill is a small figure dressed in a cream blouse and torn denim shorts. Luscious blonde hair tumbles down her back in swooping waves that catch the light and glimmers.

They reach the top of the hill and join hands, the camera focuses on their arms. Written on the inside of her arm is the word 'forever' and on the outside of his arm is inked the word 'together'. The forever is written in a casual printed scrawl whereas the together has been written with care in a continuous swirl of joining letters.

forever together

together forever

Words so familiar.

Words I needed to forget, but couldn't.

Words that meant so much to me but so little to her.

Sofia.

The film shows their hands, written on piece of skin before the thumb begins is a name.

A name I know all too well is scrawled across hers.

Ashton.

And written across his.

Sofia.

This is about me.

Me and her.