Chapter 30 ~ Someone Like You

Calum's POV

Honestly just because Michael's alive now doesn't mean he's alright. And just because he's breathing now doesn't mean it won't stop.

I don't think some people think like that. People offer to pay for things like it'll make up for the damage of a person, as though money could turn back time and bring back Michael from before the accident.

He's here but he's not. It's like his body's here but his soul isn't. He's not as loud or cheery and yes, I know he's in hospital but it's different, it's like he's never going to be the same again.

I think he lost a part of himself. He was gone too far out of our reach for a long time, we couldn't pull him back. He woke up though, when no one thought he would. He did.

But Michael is the kind of guy who finds the good in a bad situation, this Michael is so lifeless, and drained.

Sofia sits there diligently every day, waiting for a change. I know she sees a change in personality, even if she won't admit it. She sits by his bedside, talking to him and holding his hand. All for a half smile in return.

She's completely shattered, the bags of blue under her eyes and the gaunt look in her face. She appears to have aged over the past two weeks, her usually bouncy blonde curls have been scraped back into an uncomfortable bun, left unwashed for too long. Her normally radiant skin is uneven and blotchy from crying and rubbing at her face. Her often shimmering eyes are dull, lifeless and disconnected from the world.

The girls have tried to get her to leave and go home but she insists she won't leave until Michael can. When the nurses ask her to leave, she goes and sits on the waiting room floor, they don't ask her to leave anymore, they pity her.

I hear them say:

"Poor girl, won't leave his side."

"He's not very talkative, I wonder what makes her stay."

They don't appreciate what he used to be like. At first I thought it would wear off that he would change but he's still the same, maybe it's this hospital but I worry that its Michael himself.

He leaves tomorrow, so we'll see then how he's been affected. For Sofia's sake I hope he goes back to the old Michael.

She has had nothing but bad luck when it comes to men, Ash and her were played and forced into a break up, Drew cheated, broke her heart and then rubbed it in her face and now Michael gets hit by a car, nearly dies and its making him very difficult to be around, he's just so negative.

Admittedly no one's in a great mood and we're all mad at the jerk who hit him. But this is different this is almost a resentment, like he didn't want to live.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

Michael's been staying with Ashton as he has two spare rooms. He and Acacia have been sleeping in Ashton's room, Michael has been in the biggest and then Sofia has spent most nights in the smaller of the rooms. But a lot of the time, when Michael permits, she sits with him.

It's been nearly two weeks since he left the hospital and nothing's changed, he's cranky as hell. Argumentative. Disagreeable. Angry. Lonely in a house full of people. And Sofia sits through it all.

I visit him a lot and he's not himself and I don't like it. He's so incredibly moody and disrespectful.

I hate it.

I hate this new Michael.

I'll walk past Sofia's room at Ash's house and she'll be sat on her bed curled up, crying her eyes out.

"Why are you crying?" I ask every time.

"Michael shouted at me." She sobs, gasping deeply for air in between sobs. She hiccups and cries and hugs a pillow.

It's heartbreaking.

So, I sit with her, and hold her close as her cries rake through her body.

After countless times of doing this, I've had enough of it all. I persuade Beth and Claudia to take Sofia out shopping so I can talk with Michael. Oddly enough, she agrees. Probably just wants to leave this hell she's living in for a few hours.

"Michael," I yell when I reach the doorframe.

"What?" he says bored.

"What the fvck is wrong with you, Sofia's been crying again and you don't give a shit!"

"What's she crying about this time." he inquires, rolling his eyes.

"That you treat her like a piece of shit you found on the bottom of your shoe!" I snap, "She deserves so much better than you."

"What, someone like you?"

Oooo, could you see Cal and Sofia together? and what's up with Michael?

Please read ACACIA for me and maybe vote? Cause you love me??

This book has over 200 votes as of today which is absolutely insane in my mind. Thanks guys, means the world. xxxxx

Abbie x